The Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City is seeking a Lead Systems Application Analyst to provide application-specific subject matter expertise for a highly complex Stored Value Card (SVC) payment system in support of the Department of Treasury. This role will provide second-level application production support and testing support. This role also leverages this in-depth technical and business knowledge to lead and contribute to application enhancements during all development lifecycle phases. Qualified candidates will excel in providing operational technical support in complex and dynamic circumstances.
- Responsible for leading projects and business process design/ redesign through a working knowledge of tools and techniques.
- Provides oversight to technical staff, such as business analysts, project managers, developers, and testers to resolve issues during all development lifecycle phases.
- Responsible for leading and mentoring team using subject matter expertise and advanced business knowledge of functions and business lines, including application and associated architecture.
- Provides oversight to business analysts on the development and prioritization of functional and technical requirements for enhancements and future releases, as well as assessing the impact on stakeholders
- Provides oversight of the development of current and futuristic prototypes, and serves as approver.
- Performs holistic troubleshooting for escalated application issues. Isolates diagnoses, and resolves the most complex application –related user issues.
- Partners and communicates effectively with all stakeholders on escalated application issues.
- Uses in depth understanding of data components and database structures to develop complex data queries and effectively respond to information needs and stakeholder specifications.
- Guides data collection and interpretation activities of other team members.
- Updates, maintains, and monitors the operation of complex automated systems and applications.
- Responds to system-generated application alarms takes appropriate action to remediate.
- Proactively monitors live application event logs, interprets application events, and engages appropriate technical teams to identify and implement recommended course of remediation. Serves as communication liaison to key stakeholders.
- Partners with SQA group on test script development and supports end-to-end testing as necessary.
- Coordinates test script development and testing efforts for comprehensive user acceptance testing activities
- Provides oversight to technical teams in addressing any prioritized defect resolution.
- Evaluates testing results and makes recommendations on additional defect resolution and/or “go/no-go” decision for application release.
- Leads and reviews the development of process flows and operational procedures.
- Provides oversight and subject matter expertise in working with technical staff to conduct business process re-design and perform gap analysis between current and future architectures, acts as approver and proposes and implements solutions
- Leverages subject matter expertise to develop tutorials and training materials that can be leveraged by external users and agencies, including development of online help modules.
- Works independently. Guides the workload management for others. Provides training and mentoring to team members.
- Demonstrates mastery-level knowledge of SVC business line, including application and associated architecture.
- Independently performs day-to-day responsibilities, leads projects of high complexity with minimal management oversight, and makes recommendations on the most complex tasks/systems with significant strategic impact.
- Travel – Up to 15% once steady state operations are achieved; more significant travel of approximately 25% will be required during the initial transition period.
- Associate’s degree from a two-year college or technical school or equivalent combination of education and/or work related experience. Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university preferred.
- Expert knowledge of Windows platform, Oracle databases, client-server querying methodologies, and payments applications preferred.
- At least nine years of exposure to and/or experience within the Software Development Life Cycle, including requirements analysis, design, construction, testing, and delivery, as well as post-production second-level application support.
- May require frequent weekend or evening hours and being on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Expert interpersonal, analytical, customer service, and communication skills (written and oral), including the ability to explain complex procedures and technical issues to end-users and non-technical staff.
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills and strong performance of the core and leadership dimensions.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects of varying size and scope
- Knowledge of Java, C, and C++ programing languages.
- Knowledge of Oracle and H2SQL database technology
- Experience supporting applications in a Unix environment; Solaris and Linux experience particularly desirable
- Experience with WebLogic Server
- Knowledge and experience with the Department of Defense Information Network (DoDIN)
- Knowledge of payment system technology
- Prior military information technology experience; Navy shipboard experience particularly desirable
- United States citizenship is required for this position.
- This position requires Top Secret clearance and additional Treasury screening due to the information accessed while performing the job. These additional screenings would be initiated at the time of offer acceptance. Employment can begin before the full screenings are completed; however, continued employment is contingent onacceptable screening results.