Technical lead of project tasks and activities including, resource coordination, status tracking, communication of project progress and issues. Works in team environment and provides technical guidance throughout the entire life cycle: planning, designing, programming, testing, and implementing existing and/or new systems. Assist, support and train team members.
- Act as technical lead of large projects through the life cycle including developing project plans, coordinating team staff assignments, and monitoring projects against budget and project plans.
- Analyze user requirements, develop functional specifications and perform gap analysis of existing information systems. Develop high-level technical specifications and detailed program specifications.
- Provide guidance in the application toolset required to code, test and troubleshoot applications for new development and on-going support, and direct the activities of all technical resources on the project.
- Provide system analysis/support and guidance in testing, implementing, and troubleshooting applications for new development and on-going production support.
- Ensure users' expectations are met, gain understanding when desired outcomes are not feasible and provide alternative solutions to meet objective(s).
- Design and develop software for new functionality, improvements and system longevity.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience 8+ years experience in programming/systems analysis
Master's degree and/or LOMA certification
9+ years experience in programming/systems analysis
Insurance industry knowledge
Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced technical problem solving skills. Demonstrates an ability to evaluate project objectives and scope for feasibility, understanding, scheduling, and ensure projects meet budget and plan criteria.
- Advanced interpersonal skills, demonstrating an ability to lead
- Advanced ability to translate business needs and problems into systems' design and technical solutions.
- Expert knowledge of Cloud based systems, functional programming, structured and object oriented programming, relational database design, operating systems, networking concepts, and systems integration.
- Complex analytical and problem-solving skills
- Broad business and finance related knowledge
- Advanced oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well within and lead a team environment
- Ability to multi-task
Technical Requirements That May Apply as Determined by Assigned Project Team
- Comfortable with developing in the AWS tech stack, familiar with dev-ops principles
- Java and/or C#.NET development, Object-oriented design experience, including applied use of design patterns and MVC technologies;
- Detailed knowledge of middle/back-end technologies (at least one: Java/C#, API design, API gateways, and/or container/docker)
- Experience designing and/or contributing to highly scalable and distributed software systems
- Excellent software development life cycle practices including experience creating unit tests, integration testing, and test automation
- Practical experience setting up and leveraging Amazon Web Services technologies
- Experience with Code repository management, Code merge, Quality checks, Continuous integration
- Automated deployment & management using tools (such as Jenkins, GitHub, Puppet, Chef, Maven, Ant, Docker, and/or other comparable tool).
- Experience with stream processing (Kafka, Spark Streaming, Akka, Flink, etc.);
- Experience data modeling for large scale databases, either relational or NoSQL (graph, key: value, document, etc.);
- Experience with building APIs using GraphQL, node.JS, and other technologies.