Job Summary and Responsibilities: The Lead Systems Analyst has advanced knowledge of the functions and applications of information systems and the software development life cycle. The Lead Systems Analyst is responsible for team project management and for providing leadership in the implementation, maintenance and support of information systems.
1. Perform project management for all software implementation, maintenance and support processes.
2. Coordinate software building, testing and support tasks within the team, and among other Information Technology work groups, other departments within the organization, and vendors.
3. Provide technical expertise and guidance to team members and mentor staff to promote staff development.
4. Review requirements, specifications, workflow processes and make recommendations related to proposed solutions.
5. Participates and assists IT Management with developing RFP, RFI, ROI and TCO analysis of projects
6. Reviews new techniques, developments and trends in the areas of technology, process management and business to incorporate these solutions into medical center projects.
7. Participate in the development of departmental policies and procedures and in departmental and organizational process improvement efforts.
8. Review and approve project documentation and related results for accuracy, completeness and conformance to general guidelines and standards. Documentation includes, but is not limited to status reports, resource allocation, project timelines and critical path analysis.
9. Participate in design, validation and QA testing procedures prior to implementation of software applications.
10. Provide system support including testing, trouble shooting, and software maintenance.
11. Promotes teamwork, facilitates inter-team and intra-team communication and is a role model for the department.
12. Establish and maintains procedures to ensure the integrity and security of data maintained in information systems.
13. Participate in training sessions as required.
14. Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
15. Adhere to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
Working Conditions: Lift a minimum of 20 lbs., push and pull a minimum of 20 lbs. and stand a minimum of 4 hours a day.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Bachelor's degree or applicable Certification in the area of Information Technology or Healthcare.
2. Professional experience in the areas of healthcare information technology, application implementation, support, and/or project management.
3. Five or more years of in-depth IT experience in application implementation and support and experience with the software development life cycle.
4. Proficient PC and Microsoft Office skills.
5. Effective oral and written communication skills.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. Healthcare Experience.
2. Project Management experience.
Job ID 20534