Manages and leads automated system projects through all phases of the system development life cycle including the design, development, implementation, modification, planning, estimating, feasibility testing and evaluation of automated systems. Makes recommendations concerning all of the above. Provides input to the manager concerning software evaluations. Manages the routine support efforts, including balancing team assignments. Coaches and gives ongoing reviews of employee performance. Supports the continuous process of optimizing department resources. Provides best solutions to identified needs, meeting operational and business objectives, technology capabilities, and human resource requirements. Maintains the ongoing service relationships between the IT department and its direct application customers, and is a liaison to other departments and entities. Provides after-hours support.
- Leads IT projects, including planning, obtaining customer input and projecting resource requirements.
- Reviews system requirements with customers and translates requirements into specific functions or deliverables.
- Analyzes flow chart processes and recommends ways to reduce steps and increase efficiency through use of technology.
- Plans, schedules and manages multiple projects requiring computer resources including project scheduling.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology/Computer Science, Health Sciences, Healthcare Admin or related field.
- Or Associate’s degree and seven years recent experience implementing information systems may offset the Bachelor’s degree requirement
- Or Nine years of recent experience implementing information systems may offset the Bachelor’s degree requirement
- None required.
Complexity of Work:
- Understanding of networking/distributed computing environment concepts.
- Understands principles of client/server configuration.
- Excellent knowledge of messaging technology and project management skills.
- Four years system implementation experience, including directing, planning and scheduling a major information system project. For the Lead Clinical Analysts role, six years of relevant hospital or major medical center clinical experience and three years of recent experience implementing and supporting a major clinical information system required
- Strong analytical, administrative, presentation, and project management skills are required
- Must have strong communication skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to work independently.
- Experience integrating Epic with external systems, especially patient-facing web portals and apps
- Epic certified (i.e. EpicCare, MyChart, Cadence or similar)
- Experience implementing patient-entered data such as patient questionnaires
- Experience working with developers to integrate custom apps with Epic
- Requires the ability to sit and be stationary for prolonged periods of time, normal or corrected vision and manual dexterity sufficient to perform work on a personal computer.
- Requires the ability to walk to various locations throughout the Foundation and to function in a stressful environment.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic’s Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.