Manages and leads automated system projects through all phases of the system development life cycle including the design, development, implementation, modification, planning, estimating, feasibility testing and evaluation of automated systems. Makes recommendations concerning all of the above. Provides input to the manager concerning software evaluations. Manages the routine support efforts, including balancing team assignments. Coaches and gives ongoing reviews of employee performance. Supports the continuous process of optimizing department resources. Provides best solutions to identified needs, meeting operational and business objectives, technology capabilities, and human resource requirements. Maintains the ongoing service relationships between the IT department and its direct application customers, and is a liaison to other departments and entities. Provides after-hours support.
- Leads IT projects, including planning, obtaining customer input and projecting resource requirements.
- Reviews system requirements with customers and translates requirements into specific functions or deliverables.
- Analyzes flow chart processes and recommends ways to reduce steps and increase efficiency through use of technology.
- Plans, schedules and manages multiple projects requiring computer resources including project scheduling.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology/Computer Science, Health Sciences, Healthcare Admin or related field.
- Or Associate’s degree and seven years recent experience implementing information systems may offset the Bachelor’s degree requirement
- Or Nine years of recent experience implementing information systems may offset the Bachelor’s degree requirement
- None required.
Complexity of Work:
- Understanding of networking/distributed computing environment concepts.
- Understands principles of client/server configuration.
- Excellent knowledge of messaging technology and project management skills.
- Four years system implementation experience, including directing, planning and scheduling a major information system project. For the Lead Clinical Analysts role, six years of relevant hospital or major medical center clinical experience and three years of recent experience implementing and supporting a major clinical information system required
- Strong analytical, administrative, presentation, and project management skills are required
- Must have strong communication skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to work independently.
- Scoping projects related to Imaging.
- Work with those requesting projects across the enterprise and lead those projects.
- Maintain portfolio of projects for the Imaging team.
- Excellent organization and documentation skills.
- Prior healthcare and IT project management.
- Requires the ability to sit and be stationary for prolonged periods of time, normal or corrected vision and manual dexterity sufficient to perform work on a personal computer.
- Requires the ability to walk to various locations throughout the Foundation and to function in a stressful environment.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Keywords: Imaging, Project Management, Portfolio Management, Imaging Systems Analyst