The Lead Systems Administrator plays a pivotal role in the configuration, support, monitoring, stabilizing, and deployment of the Windows based applications. By leveraging their knowledge and expertise they will solve complex technical problems and design improvements based on best practices and/or business requests. The Lead Systems Administrator administers Windows in an enterprise organization, supporting 100's of systems.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage, maintain, support, troubleshoot and optimize a wide range of Windows based solutions presently in place while making suggestions and adjustments to future needs
- Support the project team to design and roll out of technical solutions in a way to optimize user experience
- Provide technical assessment and evaluation of tools and vendors to implement new products and enhancements
- Evaluate and assess system performance in Windows environment. Look for opportunities to make improvements and/or increase capacity where appropriate.
- Work with business partners, application developers, architects, and other groups to communicate technical issues.
- Maintain a deep understanding of web application architecture & relevant back-end systems, infrastructure, security, and compliance.
- Work with APM tools for deep-transaction monitoring of applications is a plus.
- Rapidly respond to incoming incident tickets and resolve
- Bachelor's degree in IT related field or two-year technical degree + relevant experience.
- 7+ years Windows-based application administration experience
- Proficiency in Windows Administration, Windows Scripting
- Strong ability to work within a team
- Strong analytics and problem-solving skills
- Organized and strong attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Adapt to new technologies
- Flexibility to work non-business hours on occasion to meet business needs
- Highly proficient and knowledgeable in MS Office applications; Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to effectively and efficiently solve problems.
- Prior Facets application experience highly preferred
- Experience working within medical insurance industry, and an understanding of HIPPAA is a plus
- Ability to build/deploy .NET code is a plus