Engility delivers innovative solutions to critical challenges facing the nation and the world. As a premier provider of integrated services for the U.S. government, we support the Department of Defense, intelligence community, space communities, federal civilian agencies and international customers. Engility is dedicated to making lives better, safer and more secure.
Engility is seeking a Lead System Architect who will work collaboratively with developers, stakeholders, and Agile Scrum team members to support the software development lifecycle and serve as the infrastructure technical expert to liaison with other teams as appropriate in our Chantilly, VA office. The right candidate is seeking an interesting and challenging opportunity with our Scientific Computing team working at the FDA's newest Center, the Center for Tobacco Products (CTP). This position is integral to helping CTP mature their Legacy systems.
The successful candidate will be a proactive, forward-leaning self-starter able to work in a fast-paced organization spread across diverse technical areas.
The successful candidate will bring a strong technical background with demonstrated technical aptitude in order to quickly understand technical concepts and communicate them effectively to non-technical people.
The Lead Architect will work with a Project Manager and other Project Leads to engage with the customer and develop a high-level operational architecture and system architecture that meets their enterprise needs. In addition he/she will work with the PM to develop a plan for migration of legacy content lead the migration activity. The Lead Architect will collaborate with the team to ensure a high standard of technical excellence across all team activities, and make recommendations for the most effective application of technology to meet the customer’s needs. Someone with a passion for working in a customer support role, has attention to detail, able to multi-task, and can work with multiple project leads to understand and communicate program information will thrive in this environment.
It is helpful but not required to have computing experience at the FDA or in another scientific or regulatory environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 14+ years of related experience
- Ability to obtain a public trust
- Ability to set, evaluate, implement and support best practices in system and data architecture and system design as well as other technology standards
- Provide expertise to the customer in defining environment needs and fostering progress in establishing System Environments and oversee configurations to ensure they will meet the needs of the development team
- Partner with business analysis and functional teams with technical oversight to ensure IT solutions meet end user needs as well as
- Experience with supporting teams utilizing Agile development methodology
- Ability to work independently and as a member of an integrated team
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with programmers and other IT staff and non-IT functional areas
- Strong communication, problem-solving and leadership skills
- Able to travel to customer sites
- Ability to obtain a public trust
- Experience at the FDA is a big plus
- Experience in Scientific Environment is a plus
- Experience with Regulatory environment is a plus
- Experience with Regulatory Submissions and HL7/RPS standards is a plus
- Experience prototyping applications is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills