Due to continued growth, our Electric Grid Infrastructure Services Group is seeking an experienced Lead Substation Physical Engineer.
- This position offers you the opportunity to work in a project team environment with other engineers and designers involved in the detailed electrical design and project management of distribution and transmission substation projects.
- As a Lead Substation Physical Engineer, you will take an active role in project conceptualization, work planning, and project execution.
- You will work on challenging assignments that include investigating, trouble-shooting, and solving a wide variety of electrical engineering and design issues.
- As a Lead Substation Physical Engineer, you will prepare reports and support project deliverables that present technical and project information in a clear and concise manner and meet client requirements and S&L formats. Typical deliverables include: Facility Studies, General Arrangement, Equipment Plans and Sections, Foundation Plans, Grounding and Conduit Plans, Equipment Connection Details, Control Building Plans and Sections.
- Develop your career via peer-learning through sharing of knowledge with other experienced engineers by way of S&L’s systems of process and associated “Communities of Practice.”
- Highly motivated self-starter with an ability to work remote or in an office.
- In addition, you may have the opportunity to travel to client sites as needed.
We do not sponsor employees for work authorization in the U.S. for this position.
Essential skills and experience:
- A BSEE degree from an ABET-accredited electrical engineering program.
- 10 or more years experience in the physical layout and design of Transmission and Distribution Substations.
- Knowledge of physical design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and 3D models.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology, including the ability to relate various equipment to a technical design.
- Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple projects under budget and time constraints.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Experience in reviewing design drawings created by others.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications.
Valued but not required skills and experience:
- Proficient with AutoCAD and/or MicroStation.
- Familiar with Bentley Substation, BlueBeam, AutoCAD E or SDS design software.
- Ability to prepare substation grounding calculations, direct stroke shielding calculations, battery & charger sizing calculations, etc.
- Transmission Line and protection & controls experience.
- Familiarity with ANSI/IEEE/NEMA standards as they relate to physical substation design. This includes the National Electrical Safety Code (ANSI - C2).
- FE or PE license.