Ulteig is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Lead Substation Engineer working for our Denver, CO office. The Lead Engineer acts as a technical leader and applies standard engineering techniques and procedures on complex projects. Plans, schedules, conducts and/or coordinates detailed phases of assigned project work.
What You'll Do
Makes design recommendations, adaptations and modifications for utility substations, relay automation equipment and drawings associated. Performs calculations using engineering formulas and skills. Provide technical guidance to other engineers.
What We Expect from You
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering required. Master's degree a plus. ABET accredited program or equivalent required.
- PE registration required.
- 7+ years of engineering experience.
- Effective leadership and mentoring skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications, time management, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Capable of leading complex substation projects with a multidiscipline team from full scope estimating and proposals, through detailed design, to commissioning and construction support for energization.
- Proficient with substation protection and control design and industry standards.
- Capable of reviewing and producing design drawings, including one-line diagrams, AC/DC schematics, wiring diagrams, and control panel elevations.
- Ability to perform AC & DC substation studies.
- Knowledge of substation electrical physical (apparatus) equipment.
- Knowledge of basic relay settings a plus.
- On site commissioning and/or construction support a plus.
- Knowledge of National Electrical Code (NEC) a plus.
- Proven experience in Microsoft Software Applications (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Must have the ability to work permanently in the US.