As a member of a fast-paced multi-disciplinary team, you use your creativity and diverse range of engineering experience to explore solutions to a variety of engineering problems. As a Lead Structural Engineer, you participate in the design, analysis, and prototyping of new concepts. You work in a manufacturing and product oriented development environment and collaborate with vendors and outside sources in order to see parts through to manufacture.
You will be involved in developing products with specific intent to launch in the market. Our goal is to take products from concept to production and into millions of consumer’s hands, delivering amazing user experiences in a holistic way (software and hardware seamlessly integrated). We are passionate about the design process, practice continual conceptual development and obsess over refining the smallest of details with precision. We believe that great isn't good enough and you should too.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Hardware team researches, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, more powerful, and seamless. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, our Hardware team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Own and drive analysis of cutting edge designs, enabling early optimization prior to prototyping as well as root cause and failure analysis of difficult mechanical problems.
- Generate FEM/analytical models of mechanical parts, modules, and assemblies; Use Static, dynamic, structural and thermal-mechanical analysis and create and develop statistical based methods to predict field failure models.
- Own and drive material characterization and testing to support modeling efforts.
- Brainstorm and propose solutions to problems based on analysis data.
- Generate applicable engineering specifications and create applicable processes to assure consistent early analysis and design validation of critical issues.
- Master’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 8years of industry experience with structural simulation software
- Experience with manufacturing processes such as injection molding, sheet metal forming and die casting, Design for Manufacturability (DFM) and Design for Assembly (DFA).
- Experience setting up both material lab and development process of tools.
- PhD degree
- 15years of experience in consumer electronics and structural simulation software.
- Experience using statistical analysis to solve engineering and manufacturing issues
- Experience in geometric tolerances and statistical tolerance analysis techniques