Lead Strategy Consultant - Bank Analytics
5 - 7 years experience • Financial Services
Purpose of Job
THIS IS BANK ANALYTICS ROLE SUPPORTING MEMBER EXPERIENCE AND BANK PRODUCTS
Utilizes expertise, industry experience, analysis and innovation to provide insights that inform and develop strategy recommendations to internal Bank clients. Develops fact bases, articulates hypotheses and underlying assertions. Leverages analytics, executes work plans, delivers final outcomes, recommendations, and action plans for the client. Effectively collaborates with Bank and Enterprise project champions and key stakeholders to maximize execution likelihood and impact of the strategy.
We are currently seeking talented Lead Strategy Consultant (Bank Analytics) for our San Antonio, TX facility.
- Under minimal supervision, able to lead one or multiple key work streams as part of an overall strategy consulting initiative. Develops hypothesis tree capturing key assertions, work streams, and data and analytic needs for complex strategy initiatives. Defines work stream objectives and establishes framework for strategy execution.
- Executes and may oversee analytic work streams, partnering with key teams to uncover and interpret strategic insights. Continuously leverages advanced data-driven problem solving techniques and analytical rigor, to manipulate, interpret, and study competitive intelligence and business data to translate into insights for strategy development. Shapes the work of key partner groups' efforts and key inputs into insight generation and strategy recommendations. Continually refines hypotheses and areas to probe more deeply and provides input and guidance to junior CoE resources.
- Proactively communicates high quality updates to key stakeholders, to include mid level executives. Collaborates with key stakeholders and Bank leaders to create written and verbal communications to mid level executives that provide clear guidance on strategy timeline, owners requiredinvestments, and expected results.
- Consistently provides guidance to junior team members. Assists with on boarding processes.
- 6+ years experience in a strategy consulting function, or, related business experience demonstrating proficiency in technical consulting skills OR a Master's Degree in a Business discipline or a related discipline and 4+ years experience in a strategy consulting function
- Proven track record in project execution environment
- Experience influencing business decisions
- Bachelor's Degree in a Business or Science discipline or a related discipline
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Experience working with Bank leadership teams to identify key opportunities for developing and enhancing Bank product strategies using quantitative and qualitative analytics
- Experience communicating the output and business implications of highly technical analysis in a way that is compelling and easily understood by leadership outside the analytics community
- Advanced knowledge of scientific methodologies and/or quantitative techniques, as well as decision science industry best practices
- Advanced knowledge of financial services business and operations
- Advanced experience with data mining tools such as SAS, SQL, Business Objects, Lumira and Hadoop
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Job Number: R0012392