Location: Portland, OR
Accelerate Your Career
Drive global technology
With more than $2 billion in revenues, CDK Global is a leading global provider of integrated information technology and digital marketing solutions to the automotive retail and adjacent industries. Focused on enabling end-to-end automotive commerce, CDK provides solutions to dealers in more than 100 countries around the world, serving approximately 28,000 retaillocations and most automotive manufacturers. CDK Global solutions automate and integrate critical processes from pre-sale targeted advertising to the sale, financing, insurance, parts supply, repair and maintenance of vehicles, with an increasing focus on utilizing data analytics and predictive intelligence.
We’re large enough to make a difference but small enough for your voice to be heard. This means that we are an organization where every person matters. You can make an impact on the success of our business and that of our customers regardless of what career you decide to pursue.
From data scientists to sales and client service experts, we’re hiring to support your growth and ours - Green light your career.
The Core Infrastructure Services team at CDK Global is responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining the core SAN, Storage, Hypervisor and Backup services provided within our global data centre locations.
We are currently seeking a Senior/Principle Storage engineer to help design, plan and maintain a multi petabyte footprint of block, file & object storage frames, multiple Brocade & Cisco MDS SAN fabrics, located across more than a dozen different global geography’s.
This is an opportunity to lead a core part of our global infrastructure through generation of recommendations and thought leadership. As the service owner you will be accountable for architecture, continual improvement, cost and vendor management, which will ultimately lead us towards providing a highly available, reliable, serviceable, secure & efficient environment for our Internal and external customers.
This is a hands on senior lead role reporting to the Director of Core Infrastructure Services.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Be the design authority and company SME for the global SAN & Storage environments.
- Be project orientated in your approach, whilst keeping a keen eye on standards, next generation architecture, solution improvements and cost analysis.
- Advise on technology trends and standards.
- Guide technical staff on assignments to achieve appropriate outcome and deliverables.
- Drive projects and initiatives for the Storage engineers to deliver against.
- Work as part of the global engineer team to build, deliver and maintain secure, scalable and resilient solutions. Assisting with hardware refreshes, migration activities and new buildouts.
- Provide support and analysis of complex problems. Provide 3rd level support as required. Provide mentorship to engineers and support staff.
- Vendor and product analysis/selection. Possess good commercial awareness, with the ability to understand supplier proposals and promote cost effective solutions.
- Ensure operating standards and procedures are defined and adhered to by others.
- Identify opportunities for infrastructure and process improvements.
- Deliver technology evaluations and solution proposals.
- Work with OS, Network and Hypervisor teams to plan and design new server/application implementations.
- Define and deliver on capacity analysis and monthly reporting.
- Contribute to team projects, including prioritisation and multi-task assignments.
- Function as a liaison between Infrastructure Services and other teams within the company, which may include direct or indirect contact with our customers.
- Any and all additional job duties as defined by hosting management.
- Has 7+ years’ experience, having held a senior technical level position for at least 2 of those.
- Be able to demonstrate architectural and leadership qualities.
- Possess the skills necessary to ensure assignments are implemented in a clear, controlled, and anticipated fashion.
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills, being able to articulate their ideas and thoughts to senior management. Demonstrate interpersonal and negotiating skills, being able to influence internal & external stakeholders to achieve results.
- Has experience in creating processes and procedural documentation.
- Demonstrates exceptional problem solving skills.
- Providing in-depth investigations and root cause analysis of incidents and outages.
- Provide strategic direction and ensure the delivery of technical based projects.
- Deployment of new platforms and improvements to existing ones.
- Designing complex solutions and providing architectural recommendations.
- Have a flexible approach to your working hours whilst part of a global organisation. Work effectively with all levels of company staff; must be a self-starter, and work well in a team environment.
- Keen to learn and develop new skills as part of continual self-development.
- Knowledge of hosting/SaaS/ASP environments. Experience of large scale multi location data centre environments.
- Has experience of designing solutions for large scale VMWare, Linux, Windows and AIX environments.
- Has experience of designing for high availability and disaster recovery.
- Excellent understanding of EMC storage products such as VMAX All Flash, VNX, Unity, XtremIO, Isilon & RecoverPoint. Not only from an administration point of view, but also from solution architecture and lead design perspective.
- Pure FlashArray forms a key part of our block storage strategy, so having experience of architecting and managing Pure Storage solutions would be a distinct advantage.
- Proven experience of configuring/manipulation/monitoring of key functionality such as SRDF/Mirrorview & Snapshots, FAST tiering/pools, compression & deduplication.
- SAN configuration, management and design, including upgrades and new installations.
- Scripting: bash/ksh, and REST integration.
Desirable skills/Abilities (but not essential):
- Cloud Storage concepts and supplier offerings.
- Experience of IBM storage and SVC.
- Data Domain backup devices.
- FC, FC-IP and file access methods and protocols.
- EMC ViPR.
- Performing capacity Planning functions and report generation.
- Develop and maintain solution roadmaps.
- Has experience of solution cost management.
- Having experience of hybrid compute environments is highly beneficial, together with an understanding of AWS offerings.
CDK Global knows you have passions outside of work. You have family, friends, sporting events, and lots of things going on. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to not only take care of you but your family as well. All of our benefits are effective the first day of employment including 401K matching, paid time off to re-energize, donate your time to volunteer in your community, and tuition reimbursement to name a few.
At CDK, we pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce. We value and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and the different perspectives they provide. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.