Emerson Process Management is the world’s leading automation supplier. Emerson’s Liquid and Combustion organization, a global leader in the development and manufacturing of process analytical equipment for liquid analysis and combustion analysis, has an exciting career opportunity as a Mechanical Design Engineer based at our Shakopee, MN location. This Mechanical Design Engineer position will be responsible for new product development and sustaining engineering support in the Liquid and Combustion engineering and development group.
- Work with a team to develop, qualify, and implement new products, product improvements and extensions
- Create and maintain part and assembly drawings and Bills of Materials
- Create and review product specification and requirements documents
- Conduct and participate in design reviews
- Provide sustaining engineering support for designs that include components made by die casting, injection molding, stamping, or machining
- Provide technical support to product management, manufacturing, supply chain, and other functional groups
- Conduct technical scanning and identify opportunities for product improvements
- Plan, execute and evaluate physical tests
Additional Information: Relocation benefits are not available for this position.
- Qualified candidates must possess a BS in Mechanical Engineering. An ABET accredited engineering degree is preferred.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of applicable experience is required for the Principal Engineer. A minimum of six (6) years of appplicable experience is required for the Lead Senior level. Graduate work or advanced degrees may be applied toward experience requirments.
- Ability to travel up to 10% - may include domestic and international travel.
- Knowledge of SolidWorks or Pro/E CAD software
- Experience with new product development testing
- Understanding of design for hazardous locations and harsh environments
- Experience with plastic injection molding
- Good communication skills and the ability to mentor others