We are seeking a Senior/Lead Financial Analyst to join our Enterprise Cost Management (ECM) team in Windsor, CT. The Lead Analyst will collaborate with members of the Enterprise Cost Management team and key IT partners to analyze andreporton expenses on an allocated and unallocated basis.
- Acts as a lead contact for IT Organization(s) on all expense issues – actuals, forecast and change.
- Develop a detailed appreciation for expense drivers within areas(s) supported. Drive transparency and education where needed.
- Communicate with management and customers on all forecast, actual and period over period expense variances.
- Own the monthly close cycle for supported areas, maintaining backup and submitting journal entries to insure accurate expense recognition – collaborating with peers and IT Organizations as needed.
- Assist with managing expense submission process to financialreporting teams.
- Assist with SOX control testing, audit requests, unit cost reporting, and bench-marking studies.
- Monitors and analyzes expense allocation results to business lines and products – be able to tell the story around how IT expenses impact the lines of business and why variances occur.
- Prepares complex reports/analyses for management decision making information on expense allocations
- Partner with IT, business and cost management team to identify and pursue cost savings opportunities.
- Establishes, modifies, documents and implements best practice methods and control procedures on expense allocations. Collaborate and document standard work withother members of team.
- Assist in ongoing process improvement initiatives as well as otherad-hocreporting tasks and special projects.
Knowledge & Experience
- BA/BS in Finance/Accounting
- CPA/MBA a plus
- 5-10 years in finance related area, budgeting, and expense.
- PC Skills, including advanced Microsoft Excel required, MS ACCESS, PeopleSoft and Hyperion knowledge is a plus
- Shares technical expertise with others. Recommends process improvements.
- Provides functional advice or training to less experienced financial analyst’s jobs. Participates along with other senior analysts and managers in advanced problem solving and complex analysis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to lead and be a resource for other team members to go to.
- Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple tasks at once and still meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively work withother departments and customers.
- A self-starter, self-motivated, self-disciplined and performance driven.
Distinction between Lead and Senior FA
Lead Financial Analysts are expected to take ownership/demonstrate initiative for cross functional activities that may involve multiple IT Organizations, Lines of Business or other activities that require the collaboration of multiple LFAs/SFAs to achieve intra/inter departmental goals.
At Voya, we have identified the following critical skills which are key to success in our culture:
- Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
- Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.
- Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.
- Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.