- Provide technical leadership for large and/or complex business efforts
- Represent database administration and collaborate with the Information Architect and other architects in the department to develop data management infrastructure recommendations.
- Analyze database implementation methods and ensure they are in line with company policies and any external regulations that may apply.
- Previous database MIGRATION and MERGING experience
- Hands-on experience with MS Failover Clusters and Availability Groups
- Advanced knowledge of data/database administration concepts and trends
- Ensure adequate 24x7 support and develop “How To” procedures to deal with incidents.
- Design backup/recovery procedures for SQL database environment and ensure validity
- Provide consulting support to Application Development teams staff as well as DBA's on complex integrated systems including distributed solutions
- Create, develop and review physical database models from logical models of small to large size databases and complex systems; provide guidance and ensure designs comply with standards guidelines and procedures; research and analyze the impact of proposed changes and additions to the installed bases of data and fit in with future requirements.
- Provide consulting support on database performance issues and help resolve problems
- Participate in change and incident management procedures and problem resolutions.
- Mentors less experienced DBA's and application developers
- Support implementation of new releases of DBMS software; plan and implement new features where appropriate
- Work closely with customers/application owners to develop a strategy for choosing the right database platform and subsequently develop best practices for adoption, conversion and implementation.
- Extensive experience in logical and physical database design data modeling techniques
- Advanced SQL skills including use and optimization techniques
Additional Job Description
- Evaluate and recommend software and practices to improve the operational efficiency and management of the environment. Work with and manage vendors and consultants with respect to software upgrades, operational tuning and system implementations.
Effective in meeting deadlines.
- Must be versatile, flexible, and proactive when resolving technical issues
- Ability to handle diverse situations and rapidly changing priorities with deadlines
- Excellent Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Develop a set of processes and tools to ensure the protection and integrity of data. Interact with business professionals to assist in the development, testing and implementation of new systems.
- Experience in supporting complex multi-terabyte databases is a PLUS
- Effective verbal and written communication is a MUST
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or related field and at least 10+ years of hands on work, lead and support of production databases
- Previous leadership and team management experience
Job ID 1027933