Drive technology solutions for assigned business units through assisting stakeholders in defining needs and opportunities. Inpartnershipwith business and IT disciplines, develop and implement the strategic direction and roadmaps for technology solutions. Ensure solutions are aligned across the business units and with the overall business strategy. Responsible to oversee system changes for sound design and quality of delivery.
- Technical SME for a Guidewire ClaimCenter or similar COTS products. Knowledge keeper on how a system was designed to operate, and how it facilitates related business processes. Consult with the system’s business owner, users, development team, and testing team as needed as changes are implemented in the system(s)
- Partner with subject matter experts by regularly communicating to share technical vision, analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs and gather information to meet request within area of responsibility and achieve departmental service level agreements
- Develop strategic relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to ensure that business needs are fully understood, and IT solutions and priorities are fully aligned to meet the needs of the business
- Analyze, understand and document business scenarios which may be include business process flow diagrams, vision/scope documents, problem statements and use cases to best support the IT needs of the business
- Translate business needs into actionable processes by evaluating information gathered from multiple sources and reviewing needs analysis findings to create, communicate and define user requirements for the development of effective solutions
- Identify initial project issues, risks, assumptions and requirements to each business case to assist in selection of the proper solution
- Lead feasibility studies to include competitive analysis and cost/benefits analysis to ensure solution will improve overall business strategy and outcomes
- Obtain high level estimates and negotiate potential solutions to provide business with cost effective solutions
- Approve technical designs and test plans / scenarios for particular system(s). Ensure appropriate co-ordination of efforts that cross multiple systems
- Resolve complex technical issues by troubleshooting escalated network issues, collaborating with IT key stakeholders, sharing best practices and maintaining documentation
- Drive continuous improvement by assessing alignment of current process, program and systems to business requirements and capitalizing on opportunities for standardization, increased efficiency, cost reduction and increased quality to strengthen performance of business
- Manage budgeted resources by anticipating expenditures, accurately forecasting resource needs/costs and properly accounting for expenses to meet requirements and achieve fiscal responsibility
- Contribute to a positive environment by demonstrating cultural expectations and guiding leaders to reward performance and value “can do” people, accountability, diversity and inclusion, flexibility, continuous improvement, collaboration, creativity and fun
- Adopt QBE values in personal work behaviors, decision-making, contributions and interpersonal interactions; manage own career development by soliciting feedback and valuing other perspectives.