Creates architecture framework which maps business strategy to process improvement and business capability improvements needed to meet the strategic goals. The position will work across the organization to drive common approaches and expose information assets and processes across the enterprise. Identifies enterprise business value that utilizes IT as an enabler, aligns business and technology strategies, reviews and recommends business value and asset optimization solutions and advises on high impact activities.
- Identifies opportunities to make significant changes in the process to eliminate outages, reduce waste, improve process and execution efficiencies, and improve communication across the organization.
- Aligns the development of core business capabilities, information assets, and technology in response to strategic imperatives.
- Collaborates with other IT groups and business partners to identify and sequence business capability improvements. Partners with the business to evaluate business goals, identify business problems, and propose solutions.
- Partners with the business and technology leaders to maintain alignment with company and business unit goals and strategies. Provides an enterprise-wide perspective within the United IT division.
- Decomposes business strategies and initiatives into actionable multi-year roadmaps, providing clear direction on execution in order to ensure a high return on investment. Provides direction to internal and external resources during the selection and implementation of business systems.
- Works with project management teams, engineer leads, team leads, infrastructure architects and/or engineering leads to resolve issues which arise within a project; drives project's progress and critical success factors.
- Researches, identifies, and recommends industry best practices for solving business and technology problems.
- Leads architecture strategy & planning for large programs - and provides guidance to technical staff across multiple projects.
- Models the enterprise-wide business and technology capabilities to analyze the alignment of business strategies and capabilities with technology strategy and solutions.
- Maintains communities of practice surrounding business analysis and IT architecture.
- Builds and defines application standards.
- Performs market and solution assessment to define new standards.
- Develops conceptual and logical architecture designs.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the end-to-end business process and of the existing technology landscape.
- Ability to collaborate developing thought leadership work products such as strategies and roadmaps.
- Ability to plan and design integrated enterprise technology solutions.
- Create target and transitional data & integration architectures and frameworks for solutions ranging from secure remote access to virtual desktops to cloud integrations.
- Produce models of business, information systems and technical architectures (contextual, conceptual, logical and physical)
- Assess risks associated with architectures and propose mitigating actions
- Provide comprehensive consultation to leadership regarding future directions for information technology
- Be the domain thought leader and collaboratively work with Service Owners and teams to influence and co-develop strategies and roadmaps
- Participate in conversations to understand business needs; review functional and non-functional requirements for new systems and enhancements; identify gaps and inconsistencies; translate into requirements to solution build-out
- Lead discussions, including architectural vision, strategic planning, roadmap development and how solutions can be designed to meet business needs * Drive optimization of platforms * Communicate architectural direction to varied audiences, from individual contributors to executive leadership
- Stay abreast of new technologies and integrate into solution architecture design when appropriate * Perform research and stay current with Cloud, IoT, Micro-Services, Big Data, Commerce and respective ecosystems for the digital enterprise
- Analyze existing and emerging technologies to assess and recommend solution architectures
- Be the role model for architecture principles and advocate best practices
- Be the domain consultant - provide technical guidance and guidelines, vet tools, experiment and innovate, and help define our future
- Excellent English communication skills, including presentation skills and negotiation skills
- Previous experience as an architect or in leadership in the software development industry and IT experience in the following areas: Network Architecture, Sever/storage platform design, Device/PC/Laptop client loadset integration architecture and design,
- Development of technology/service strategies and roadmaps
- Selecting/assessing/recommending vendors and solution partners
- Experience architecting solutions utilizing cloud services
- Assessing the quality of requirements and design
- Working knowledge of functional domains – Network Administration, Server Administration, Storage Administration, Client Operations
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in information systems, engineering or related field of study.
- Lean Six Sigma certification preferred.
- TOGAF certification preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of cumulative diversified information technology experience required.
- Minimum 8 years as an enterprise architect, Infrastructure architect or solution architect preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in applications and delivery models such as ERP, commercial off-the-shelf applications, custom development and Software-as-a-Service required.
Requisition ID: 56587