The Cyber and SIGINT Solution Ops under Defense and Intelligence Sector of Leidos has a career opportunity for a Lead Solutions Architect/ Senior Systems Engineer with a TS/SCI with polygraph clearance in Annapolis Junction, Maryland.
PROGRAM SUMMARY: Do you enjoy being a part of small teams that work closely with the customer? Does big data pique your interest? Our Prototype Development Support program is looking for candidates with a strong mission focus to do new development and rapid prototyping. Someone who can figure out smarter, better ways to enable systems to discover new targets or support mission analysis.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: Solution Architect and Team Lead of system engineers, system analysts, and network administrators to architect, design, build, deploy, and support a wide range of customer-site high profile environments in support of prototype and research development activities. Responsibilities range from meeting with internal and external customers in Technical Exchange Meetings (TEMs), to flushing out and documenting technical requirements, to providing technical briefings, to working with vendors to define the best solutions, to understanding the mission needs in order to architect the best combination of hardware software needed solutions, and then articulating those requirements to the engineering teams to build and deploy the systems/solutions.
Bachelor's Degree and 15+ years of experience.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS/EDUCATION: The candidate must have:
- · At least 18 years of general experience as a systems analyst, including five years of experience in systems administration, systems analysis.
- · Evaluate COTS and GOTS solutions to meet customer requirements.
- · Communicate customer priorities and constraints to customer leadership and project staff.
- · Manage project staff to ensure steady and high quality technical progress.
- · Manage project staff to maintain a calm professional atmosphere.
- · Recommend improvements to customer (e.g. process improvements, team organizational structure, staffing, equipment/software purchases, etc)
- · Very strong solutions architect experience with a command of commercial products.
- · Looking for an Architect-like person with broad experience, from identifying hardware and software solutions, standing up enclaves, system administration, networking, storage, and software development.
- · Strong technical leadership skills.
- · Strong communication skills (verbal + written) is essential – frequent daily interaction with customer staff; must be proficient in MS PowerPoint + Word
- · Past team/technical lead experience essential
- · A strong background in system administration, lab management, and vendor relationships/management preferred