Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Propositionexplains what we do and Citi Leadership Standardsexplain how we do it. Our missionis to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
Citi is committed to becoming the world’s leading, global digital bank and to developing new and innovative ways of working to improve the experience our clients have of working with Citi and its products.
The successful individual should have a background in innovation including design thinking, prototyping and also have solid commercial awareness.
This includes responsibility for the quality of solutions based on emerging new technologies and technical design focusing on open source technologies.
The role is heavily focused on design patterns, developing best practices, providing technical leadership with significant exposure to new and existing technologies building prototypes and conducting proof-of-concept type activities.
- Gather application non functional requirements and applying those to current infrastructure patterns to develop a solution that can deliver resiliency, performance and safety that is required by the application.
- Technical Leadership of a small team of junior solutions architects.
- Develop and maintain current and planned state architectural blueprints.
- Communicate Architectural plans and ensure alignment on both business and technical solution architecture across multiple teams and departments.
- Ensure compliance with Architecture Governance processes.
- Stimulate new technology and innovation internally through collaboration in key corporate initiatives across the Consumer line of business.
- Perform technology and product assessments and recommendations for the Consumer business.
- Ability to provide both in-depth and technology guidance in multiple technology domains.
- Knowledge of Application and Enterprise Integration Patterns.
- Knowledge of wide range of technologies and computer science domains ideally including: Distributed Computing, Cloud Computing, Big Data Architectures, SOA and Micro Services.
- Knowledge of Architecture modeling languages and Architecture Frameworks.
- Experience working in highly heterogeneous technology environments.
- Knowledge and working experience with wide range of technology protocols and standards.
- Knowledge of both SQL and noSQL database technology.
- Working knowledge of cryptographic algorithms.
- Influencing, negotiations, coaching skills.
- Extensive years’ experience in a Software/Technology Architect
- Extensive years of demonstrable technical lead/architecture experience
- A bachelor’s degree or post-graduate qualifications (Computer Science / Mathematics) or equivalent work experience
- Experience working with emerging technology.
- Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
- Work effectively in cross-organizational situations and be enthusiastic about delivering quality solutions while working with world-class teams, processes and tools.
- Highly effective written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate excellent technical knowledge and equally enthusiastic about business acumen.
- Promote and drive continuous process improvement especially in code quality, test ability & reliability
- Fintech and Digital technology experience a plus
Job ID: 18032012