To be successful in this role, the candidate must have a combination of software product and online media knowledge, automotive dealer store workflow and operational knowledge, client consultation, business development/sales, user experience, and technical skills. He/she must also be a strong people influencer and driver for a shared future vision, collaborating and guiding the work of teams of product managers, professional services and project teams, and implementation teams to ensure a complete and timely solution design and solution delivery for clients. This role actively contributes to shaping overall business strategy and product priorities for Digital Retailing, F&I, and across Cox Automotive.
- Lead major client solution presentations to executive audiences.
- Effectively maximize revenue from existing portfolio products (including APIs and other capabilities)
- Partner effectively with the Product function on development development and feature prioritization.
- Translate complex product and engineering concepts into easy-to-understand business value
- Understand trends in digital commerce and ecommerce to identify value and opportunity while mitigating risk to the businesses that we serve; e.g. Retailers, OEMs and Lenders. Business case development skills, socialization and buy-in on new partner opportunities for Digital Retailing, with a level of ambiguity often presented by the customer.
- Understand, interpret and document complex client requirements.
- Design and propose client solutions across products with a bias toward time-to-market and value creation while balancing client specific integration, configuration, and customization requirements or limitations.
- Articulate solution value and design client appropriate solutions during workshops with C- and executive-level clients.
- Clear articulation of market dynamics and pricing considerations to balance maximizing recurring revenue, minimizing incremental project costs, and rapidly growing client/market adoption.
- Work with product colleagues in the solution teams to build business cases and drive the prioritization of opportunity-specific features and capabilities.
- Work with clients to understand their business objectives and initiatives and then map their needs to capabilities of that Cox Automotive offers.
- Be a SME on product capabilities and work with various channel sales teams to support business development and RFPs.
- Increased revenue for the solution teams from the OEM, lender and group channels as well as strong OEM/lender endorsements for our software offerings are the key success criteria for this role.
- Design for client success by recommending and driving implementation of specific delivery and support processes required to meet client KPI’s and to scale effectively.
- Consult and partner with Sales and account teams to scale SME and self-service capability.
- Other duties as needed or required
Required Knowledge, Experience & Education:
- Bachelor's degree. MBA or advanced technical degree preferred.
- 7+ years experience in solution development
- Background and experience in Automotive industry a must, USA market preferred.
- Specific knowledge of Cox Automotive software and digital retail strongly desired.
- Must be excellent with clients; proven ability to influence decision makers/C-suite level effectively.
- Capable of influencing and driving large, multi-team initiatives without direct management control of contributors required.
- Proven understanding of software specification, development, testing and release practices.
- Proven conversational understanding of APIs, UI, database, and n-tier architecture technologies