- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related engineering field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in cloud computing, including one or more of the following: Public/Private Cloud, Compute/Storage/Networking, Software/Platform/Infrastructure-as-a-Service.
- 10 years of experience in a customer or partner facing technical role such as Solutions Consultant, Product Manager or similar.
About the job
- Experience working at, or closely with technology ISVs or SaaS companies.
- Ability to effectively communicate a compelling vision, architecture and complex technical concepts to a broad range of audiences, including the C-Suite, Chief Product Officers, Heads of Engineering, and CTOs.
- Demonstrated ability to form strong working relationships across technical and business functions in multiple companies, with experience in technology partnerships.
- Knowledge of public cloud solutions across SaaS, PaaS and IaaS, cloud and technology trends, and usage trends.
- Excellent technical and communication skills.
****Use this template only when existing Role Templates don't apply. For one-off use cases, not ongoing roles. If you need to create a NEW template for your team submit a request at go/jdreview.****
Part of the Global Partner Ecosystems team, Partner Engineers inspire and enable leading Technology and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) partners to leverage Google's highly scalable and secure platform to solve the world's most challenging problems. As a Lead Solutions Consultant, you will build relationships with senior technology executives of these partners (Chief Product Officers, Heads of Engineering, and CTOs). You'll become a trusted advisor by using your industry and technical knowledge to help them understand the power and potential of Google, develop creative solutions and architectures to solve their business challenges, problem-solve technical roadblocks and help them find success. Working hand-in-hand with Partner Management, you will deliver a prescriptive approach to identifying and prioritizing their on-prem and clouds workloads to move to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) while creating a compelling vision of our long-term partnership. You'll help them see Google differentiators that could grow their topline, including creative co-innovations leveraging not just GCP, but broader Google capabilities (Ads, Shopping, Chrome, etc.).
Google Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure, platform capabilities and industry solutions. We deliver enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Google's cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the future. Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business problems. Responsibilities
- Inspire prospective partners by presenting a compelling vision of the Google Cloud Platform value proposition, technologies, capabilities and key differentiators.
- Lead technical discussions to develop a deep understanding of partners' current state, needs and business objectives, guiding their strategy with your wide knowledge of industry trends, cloud technology and Google.
- Coordinate and influence a diverse range of stakeholders across Google (e.g. Customer Engineering, Product Management, Professional Services, Developer Relations) to align around workstreams that deliver the partner's vision.
- Advocate on behalf of partners to their customers and be a key spokesperson and advocate of the Google Cloud Platform to the ecosystem through events and online.
- Build and maintain relationships with technology stakeholders inside Google and with the partner organizations.