The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences. Bring your individual talents here and discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
“It takes people to make the dream a reality.” Walt was on to something when he said that, and it continues to ring true today. No matter the stage in your career, being a part of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts means being a part of a team where you help bring innovation to life through unsurpassed products, services and most importantly remarkableexperiences. As a Cast Member you are the steward and connection to our legacy and the backbone of our thriving innovations. Join our team and watch your dreams come true.
- Contribute to and encourage an environment oriented to trust, open communication, transparency, creative thinking, and cohesive team effort.
- Work with both business and technology cast members to define information needs and architect solutions that supportdesired business and technical capabilities / requirements.
- Deliver hands-on components to support strategic and project-centric prototyping, proof-of-concept (POC), and solution prescriptions across emerging platforms.
- Support the Information Management Reference Architecture and ensure the alignment of solutioning and delivery activities against the Reference Architecture.
- Produce artifacts in support of reference architecture advocacy and implementation, including authoring documentation, white papers, and presentations/diagrams for dissemination to technical and business audiences.?
- Proactively look for opportunities to align technology as an enabler for business needs and capabilities (e.g., identify need for enterprise data warehouse, advanced analytics, etc.).
- Perform industry research for best practices in architecture and data management for current initiatives and proactively share this information as applicable with other members of the team. Ensuring that new ideas/technologies are communicated appropriately to leadership.
- Research leading edge technologies for future projects and use cases, including Cloud and Big Data platforms, business rules/data classification engines, near-real-time reporting, integration technologies, and data virtualization.
- Understand project business objectives and help verify their alignment with team priorities.
- Ensure that discussions and decisions lead towards closure.
- Hands-on experience developing data, reporting, analytic and machine learning solutions with demonstrated exposure to platforms such as AWS Cloud, Hadoop, Spark, or Kafka.
- Full-lifecycle ML modelling experience including: train/rest data selection & segregation, cross validation, model parameter tuning and optimization techniques, and ongoing model performance evaluation.
- Demonstrate development knowledge with ML focused APIs in Python, R, SPARK ML, and/or Java.
- Proven ability to present technical concepts and solutions to both business and technology stakeholders. Proven ability of deconstructing business of business problems into actionable ML patterns.
- Proven ability to approach problems with curiosity and objectivity.
- Proven ability to become an established and trusted advisor with business and technology audiences.
- Proven ability to leverage and integrate technology components into an overall solution architecture in support of business requirements.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Data Architecture, Data Warehousing, Advanced Analytic, or Data Science implementations.
- Demonstrated product and delivery experience across all tiers in the solutioning of information management solutions – from data sourcing to end-state delivery / consumption.
- Disciplined approach to the development and delivery of technology solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a cross-functional project team.
- Proven ability to drive and influence change through innovation & process improvement.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- 2 years’ experience in statistical / machine learning methodologies required, including: regression, classification, forecasting, time-series analysis, and ML-centric solutioning.
- 4 years of relevant experience in solutioning using Cloud and/or Big Data technologies and techniques.
- 4 years of relevant experience implementing solutions leveraging multi-structured (Hadoop) or NOSQL (MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase) data platforms required.
- 4 years of relevant experience in Very Large Data Warehousing and/or Advanced Analytics using massively parallel (MPP) database platforms (such as Teradata, Netezza, etc.).
- 5 or more years of relevant experience in the solution architecture and implementation oversight of data-intensive solutions.
- 5 or more years’ experience in software development in Python, R, and/or Java.
- 4 years of relevant experience with ETL/ELT data-integration platforms such as Informatica, Data Stage, Data Services, etc. a plus.
- 4 years of relevant experience with Business Intelligence toolsets such as Business Objects, Cognos, MicroStrategy, etc. a plus.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline or equivalent experience.