Currently, Meijer is looking for a Lead Solution Architect – SAP Finance. The Lead Solution Architect acts as a senior level technical and functional expert in SAP Finance modules/systems, partnering with business and IT stakeholders at all levels to identify architectural solution options and map value streams for business areas utilizing the SAP platform. The Lead Solution Architect – SAP Finance is responsible for using solution architecture practices and techniques to deliver measurable business outcomes in a large-scale, complex organization. Key Responsibilities and Deliverables:
- Evaluates architectural options and defines overall architecture of the system, ensuring commonality across systems.
- Defines non-functional requirements including performance monitoring, alerting and code management, ensuring alignment with technology best practices and SLAs.
- Determines major elements and subsystems and defines interfaces as well as architectural runway.
- Mentors and coaches other members of the team.
- Provides subject matter expertise and technical consulting support on either vendor or internal applications and interfaces.
- Drives engagement with ITS Security and Infrastructure teams to ensure secure development and deployment of solutions.
- Interfaces with the Product Owner and IT partners at the Program level to define and estimate features for agile teams.
- Works within the Agile environment and employs ITIL best practices.
- Conducts industry research, facilitates new product and vendor evaluations, and assists in vendor selection.
- Assists in production support and maintenance of applications as needed.
- Provides subject matter expert solutions and hands on management of configuration.
This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Business Information Systems, Engineering or related discipline or equivalent work experience and technical training is required.
- 8+ years’ experience in business application design, development, implementation, and/or solution architecture within the SAP Functional areas of FI/CO.
- Technical team leadership experience.
- Experience with integration between ECC/BW/BPC
- Experience with BRF/BRF+
- Experience with Ariba a plus
- Knowledge of project management techniques is required (cross-functional experience is highly desirable).
- Experience with structured design, development and implementation of new and established computing architectures.
- Experience in Agile environment is preferred
- Experience with multiple, diverse technical configurations, technologies, and processing environments.
- Translates business needs into technical architecture requirements.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation.
- Knowledge of all components of a technical architecture.
- Strong understanding of networkarchitecture.
- Ability to understand the long-term (“big picture”) and short-term perspectives of situations.
- Communicates IT requirements and guidelines to vendor partners.
- Estimates financial impact of technical architecture alternatives.
- Applies multiple technical solutions to business problems.
- Quickly comprehends the functions and capabilities of new technology.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.