Mode.net keeps cloud-era businesses always-on by simplifying reliable end-to-end connectivity. Mode Core is a private global network as a service that delivers a unique mix of flexibility, reliability, and affordability.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and execute system, performance, scalability, and integration testing efforts (Manual and Automation scripts)
- Create solutions testbeds and test cases representative of customer scenarios.
- Design and implement test plans, test case suites and diagnostic programs.
- Improve and more fully automate testing, development, and release processes.
- Monitor product development and usage, driving improved product quality.
- Assess the status of each release and help make sure that releases go out on time with the highest quality levels.
- 5+ years of experience in developing or testing network software.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle.
- Experience developing in a Linux environment and in utilizing virtualization technologies like hypervisors and Linux containers.
- Experience with Java and Python.
- Effective organizational, multi-tasking and prioritization abilities with attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a data-driven analytical approach to solving complex challenges.
- BS degree in Computer Science / Electrical Engineering or related technical fields.
- Experience with testing in cloud-scale or ISP network environments
- Skilled in testing microservices/SOA, RESTful web services with JSON.
- Knowledge of Software Defined Networking or OpenFlow protocol
- Experience with Git, Ansible, Terraform, Salt, Jenkins or Docker
- Experience working with cloud services - AWS, Google App Engine or Microsoft Azure.
- Experience with NodeJS, Go or C/C++
- MS/PhD in Computer Science / Electrical Engineering or related technical fields.
- CCNA, CCNP or JNCIE