We are seeking a Lead Software Test Engineer - Quality Lead who will thrive in our fast-paced, results-driven, collaborative, and team-oriented organization. In this role, you will be responsible for overall end-to-end product and/or multi-product integration quality. In addition, you will lead efforts to develop a testing strategy required to support products, lead automation strategy and best practices within agile delivery teams, and provide overall Quality leadership for Westlaw, Thomson Reuters' premier legal research service.
- Accountable for overall end-to-end product and/or multi-product integration quality toensure product quality.
- Lead efforts to define, refine and articulate the testing strategy required to support theproject.
- Lead automation strategy, approach and best practices.
- Develop robust automation frameworks that meet our global application/solution needs and will scale for future growth across a variety of technologies.
- Design and implement a process for delivering automation within agile delivery teams, including automation criteria.
- Provide metrics to establish baselines and track quality and efficiency improvements over time.
- Provide Quality thought leadership and creative ideas to support the successful delivery of projects.
- Ensure code quality, leveragability, scalability (performance & scale tests), maintainability (cyclomatic complexity), and product integration quality.
- Collaborate closely with all stakeholders on a given project to push the testing strategy forward.
- Coach and provide technical leadership to others on the QA team.
- Communicate software testing and automation best practices across teams; including new and emerging technologies; attend project meetings and provide updates on quality ofthe project to the leadership team.
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Experience in one or more programming languages, software engineering methodologies, and software quality tools:
- Java, Groovy, Spring Cloud, jUnit, Spock, Jenkins, Gradle, Web API, REST
- Selenium, Selenium WebDriver, Selenium RC, Protractor
- AWS, Azure, or similar
- Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA, GIT, Team Foundation Server
- Micro-service architecture
- Distributed logging, distributed data stores
- Proven experience in creating Quality Strategy and setting Quality direction to ensure product quality over the life of the project, including product integration activities is highly desired.
- Ability to create metrics around quality on the project and gather the data to be shared.
- Experience with developing, writing, and executing robust test scripts.
- Strong technical aptitude and experience with the software tools and techniques used in software development and automated testing.
- Demonstrated technology leadership experience.
- Demonstrated ability to translate business requirements into test strategy and test cases.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to get work done through others.
- Must be motivated; a self-starter, results oriented individual with a successful track record.
- Ability to define testing tasks and provide estimates in agile development environment for integration and end-to-end quality.
- Ability to research new and emerging technologies and automation tools/frameworks.
- Effective time management, ability to plan and prioritize work effectively.
- Ability to lead automation initiatives across QA teams and department.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence and build solid relationships with team members.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to present ideas and document artifacts to business, technology and executiveaudiences.
- Experience with Agile software development practices.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required, computer science degree preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we workflexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. Toensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around theworld regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud tobe an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.