Are you energetic about using cloud/web technologies, open-source frameworks, and cutting-edge tools in a dynamic environment? Do you enjoy applying your technical acumen to clarify and understand requirements, then ensure test approach and test coverage are well defined? Then we want you on our next-generation legal product development team at Thomson Reuters!
Thomson Reuters Technology team in Eagan, MN is looking for a highly-motivated engineer who is passionate about delivering quality products to our customers. Our Technology team works in a cutting-edge and fast-paced environment building large-scale systems and solutions for attorneys and customers in the Litigation and Transaction practice areas. We seek a results-driven, team-oriented, self-motivated leader who combines exceptional software quality credentials with a highdegree of business acumen to lead our quality automation efforts for cloud native, web-basedapplications, SaaS solutions and products.
The Lead Software Test Engineer will provide technical leadership to the software quality testing team on automation tools, automation frameworks, and general QA automation best practices. You will partner with QA and development teams to streamline quality processes, tools, technologies and automation to maintain superior product quality and high team efficiency.
In this exciting role, you will be responsible for the thought leadership for establishing a culture for quality, building and implementing a QA strategy with the necessary best practices essential for DevOps; end-to-end product testing strategy, and implementation of robust test automation frameworks for our cloud-native, and web based applications and services. You will also be responsible for test metrics and reporting as a measure of quality assurance throughout our Agile release schedule.
Key Responsibilities & Technologies
- Establish a culture for quality; Provide guidance to Improve the build-in of quality (both in lack of bugs and "design" quality as in "the software is useful") and uptime/resilience/reliability of the software.
- Promote & Recommend practices to further Continuous Delivery & Continuous Improvement
- Evangelize a DevOps/Agile Mindset across a large program made up of several teams, with ability to mentor others in best practices.
- Recommend and develop Automation strategies to support successful delivery of customer value.
- Develop & provide routine reporting and analyzing of quality/customer experience metrics that can provide early and frequent feedback loops across the full delivery pipeline (build, deploy, and thru post production)
- Maintain a strong communication cadence with Technical and Business Leadership in a matrixed environment across a large program that provides data driven conversation and recommendations.
Project work responsibilities:
- Lead efforts to define, refine and articulate the testing strategy required to support theproject. Establishes a consistent, scalable testing framework that complements thecontinuous delivery of cloud-native/web applications.
- Accountable for overall end-to-end product and/or multi-product integration quality toensure product quality.
- Lead automation strategy, approach and best practices.
- Develop robust automation frameworks that meet our global application/solution needs and will scale for future growth across a variety of technologies.
- Design and implement a process for delivering automation within agile delivery teams, including automation criteria.
- Provide metrics upon execution of smoke and regression suites to establish baselines and track quality and efficiency improvements over time.
- Ensure code quality, leveragability, scalability (performance & scale tests), maintainability (cyclomatic complexity), and product integration quality.
- Collaborate closely with all stakeholders on a given project to push the testing strategy forward.
- Coach and provide technical leadership to others on the QA team.
- Communicate software testing and automation best practices across teams; including new and emerging technologies; attend project meetings and provide updates on quality ofthe project to the leadership team.
Qualifications and Desired Skills:
- 5+ years of experience in one or more programming languages, software engineering methodologies, and software quality tools:
- Java, Groovy, Spring Cloud, jUnit, Spock, Jenkins, Gradle, Web API, REST
- Selenium, Selenium WebDriver, Selenium RC, Protractor
- AWS, Azure, or similar
- Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA, GIT, Team Foundation Server
- Micro-service architecture
- Distributed logging, distributed data stores
- Proven experience in creating Quality Strategy and setting Quality direction to ensure product quality over the life of the project, including product integration activities is highly desired.
- Ability to create metrics around quality on the project and gather the data to be shared.
- Proven experience with developing testing automation framework for large scale web or SaaS applications.
- Experience with developing writing and executing robust test scripts.
- Understanding of security best practices for cloud native/web development.
- Experience with Agile software development practices.
- Strong technical aptitude and experience with the software tools and techniques used in software development and automated testing.
- Demonstrated technology leadership experience.
- Demonstrated ability to translate business requirements into test strategy and test cases.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to get work done through others.
- Must be motivated; a self-starter, results oriented individual with a successful track record.
- Ability to define testing tasks and provide estimates in agile development environment for integration and end-to-end quality.
- Ability to research new and emerging technologies and automation tools/frameworks.
- Effective time management, ability to plan and prioritize work effectively.
- Ability to lead automation initiatives across QA teams and department.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence and build solid relationships with team members.
- Ability to present ideas and document artifacts to business, technology and executiveaudiences.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of experience required. Computer Science degree preferred.
- 5+ years of related experience.