At Olo we develop an online food ordering platform used by many of the country’s largest restaurant chains, reaching millions of consumers. We are revolutionizing the customer experience at these restaurant chains, and we're looking for talented engineers to join our team and help achieve our vision. As part of the team you’ll play a significant and visible role in helping us build the most robust food ordering platform on the market.
This is a full-time position.
- Team-level responsibilities
- Become a domain expert for your team's domain and components
- Support company business initiatives as they relate to your team
- Represent the needs of the client and/or user and usability considerations during feature development
- Collaborate with product owners to uncover requirements, particularly around testability
- Collaborate with product owners and developers to design, implement and maintain visible test plans, test scenarios and test cases
- Analyze complex features to identify quality risks and provide suitable feedback, taking into consideration performance, reliability, scalability, resilience, and usability concerns, and be able to articulate a test strategy
- Provide clear and consistent test artifacts for test visibility and evidence of working software in multiple environments, including test case documentation and test results capture
- Promote team ownership of product quality (Whole Team Quality)
- Product quality responsibilities
- Lead cross-team test initiatives and and direct the work of less senior testers
- Serve as a mentor/role model for less experienced testers
- Educate teams on new approaches to software testing to help them become more efficient and effective
- Apply a variety of testing techniques to provide a multi-faceted inspection of a feature
- Propose creative solutions to our testing problems, both technological and process
- Identify and contribute to automated test solutions
- Find and report defects with detailed, accurate and concise steps to reproduce
- Organizational responsibilities
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve processes and tools that will benefit the whole team
- Recommend system enhancements where you see opportunities for improvements in UX, reliability, performance, etc.
- Collaborate with Product and Customer Success teams to incorporate specific client needs into testing strategies
- Recent hands-on testing experience with modern UI’s, APIs, and SOA
- Strong opinions on manual and exploratory testing and general software quality concepts
- In-depth knowledge of trends in software quality assurance
- In-depth knowledge of effective test automation frameworks and strategies
- Extensive knowledge of web technologies, particularly SAAS platforms
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, or related field, or have comparable industry experience.
- At least 6 years of experience in an agile testing role
- At least 2 years in an agile testing leadership role, with a track record of success
- Legal right to work in the U.S.
- Experience working in a C#/.NET environment.
- Experience with version control (especially Git).
- Experience with TeamCity and AWS.
- Experience testing hosted/cloud SaaS web applications
- Restaurant technology and/or e-commerce experience