Lead Software Integration Developer
As part of the application process, you are required to create a candidate account to log back in and view your application(s). Check your email regularly for information regarding our employment process.
As a part of a dynamic cross-functional team, the Lead Integration Software Developer is responsible for the custom software development that comprises a suite of applications running MGM’s in-house developed systems and augmented commercial software. The incumbent must be experienced and hands-on with well-developed skills in building and maintaining Workday custom integrations and reports.
All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and MGM Resorts policies, practices and procedures.
- Lead the design, modify, develop, write and implement software applications.
- Collaborate with others in problem solving and troubleshooting of software applications.
- Participate in the testing process throughout the development cycle and provide feedback and recommendations on process improvement opportunities
- Lead the initiative to plan and execute work, meeting deadlines and achieving expectations in alignment with project business requirements.
- Ensure effective internal controls by monitoring data integration solution performance.
- Actively resolve complex code defects discovered in testing.
- Create technical design documentation in adherence to business, source system, target system, and solution architecture requirements.
- Exhibit work consistent with the software development lifecycle.
- Identify and lead execution of process improvement opportunities.
- Lead and mentor more junior developers.
- Support QA in the testing process providing feedback and actively participating in the iterative process to drive efficiency in delivery.
- Well-developed skills in building and maintaining Workday integrations and reports.
- Well-developed skills using Workday Studio integration development tool.
- Knowledge of WorkdayReporting Platform, WorkdayReport Designer, and Calculated Fields.
- Proficient knowledge of software design & development best-practices.
- Working understanding of evolving industry trends, practices, and standards.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Knowledgeable with integration patterns.
- Experienced with Integration Platfors (iPaaS) and REST based endpoints.
- Knowledge of Java programming.
- Knowledge of databases and SQL.
- Strong understanding of encryption / security concepts such as public and private key encryption, SSH, PGP.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with all business contacts.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, in both oral and written forms.
- Other job related duties as requested.
- 6+ years of experience in the design and development of Workday custom integrations and reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent education and experience.
- Knowledge of databases and SQL.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent. (education)
- (Computer skills/programs)
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Previous experience leading software development projects.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.