Lead Software / Firmware Systems Engineer - RT
5 - 7 years experience • Information Services
Lead Software/Firmware Systems Engineer - RT
Sarasota, Florida 34278
We are seeking a Lead Software/Firmware Systems Engineer.
The Lead Software/Firmware Systems Engineering will be based out of our Sarasota, FL office. Positon Overview:The Lead Software/Firmware Systems Engineering will be responsible for Software and Firmware architecture, design, implementation and test. The candidate will lead a small software team for new and existing products, and will perform hands-on embedded firmware development.
Manage software and firmware engineering, driving projects and programs to completion per ProLaunch process.
Working closely with the Electrical Engineering Systems Leader, will help conceive, architect and develop a new product platform leveraging both firmware and software as required.
Transform end-user needs into architectures and specifications for software and firmware systems, evaluating candidate designs for their ability to satisfy end-user requirements and meet targets for maintainability, reliability, and testability.
Conduct thorough code design reviews to ensure reliability and mitigate project risk and to ensure proper documentation methods are followed.
Perform firmware and engineering on a variety of complex projects; apply a high level of technical knowledge to the development of plans and specifications, etc.
Design, implement, and test embedded firmware solutions on different platforms.
Design and develop platform communication protocols.
Design and develop platform database structures and dataflow diagrams.
Read and interpret board level schematics.
Evaluate and select third party software tools and libraries as required.
Positively collaborate with cross functional members of the Engineering, Marketing, Field Ops, Sales, and Manufacturing teams.
This person should be familiar with middle to higher/more complex firmware NOT little gadgets. They need to understand software. Someone with leadership qualities as well. They need an understanding of the hardware so they can write the code to the firmware!! Need exposure to software development. They also should know how to test systems to make sure they work correctly. Understand and manage the software folks and manage products going forward. Has to be able to work on a cross functional team. This person will be the department lead in 2-5 years. They need to have experience managing people directly. The facility creates notification devices. They have hardware, software, and firmware. Software-programs written that are indirectly and the plumbing that connects everything together/makes connections (front end) that interface with the devices. The devices have embedded firmware (not visual) makes the chips operate and preform their function. The hardware (chips, devices) vary and require their own area of specialt
Willing to travel up to 10% of the time.
Strong communication skills and ability to articulate concepts to non-technical audiences.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: (Submission Summary)
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
2. Minimum of 2 years of Systems Engineering.
3. Minimum of 3 years of experience managing people as a project team leader or as a direct supervisor.
4. Minimum of 3 years of experience with RTOS,C, C++ and currently hands-on authoring firmware code.
5. Minimum of 4 years of experience with TCP/IP, UPD, HTTP/S, and/or SSH.
6. Minimum of 5 year of experience with Software and/or Firmware Engineering.
7. Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
8. Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
9. 3+ years as a direct Manager of People.
10. 3+ years of experience with LCD display driver and embedded GUI design.
11. 5+ years of experience with embedded board to board communications.
12. 5+ years in software development including object-oriented programming and web/GUI design.
13. 5+ years as a systems engineer architecting combined software and embedded products.
14. 5+ years’ experience with processors/DSP’s including Blackfin, ARM, PIC.
15. Experience with IoT implementations.
16. Experience with Microsoft Azure IoT Suite.
17. Network Audio Streaming.
18. Experience designing and releasing products in a mission critical, medical, and/or regulatory controlled environment.
19. Experience integrating 3rd party libraries, open source SW tools/libraries into a BSP e.g. Dropbear.
20. Designed and released products with an embedded web server – creation and design.Experience with command line tools, scripting languages, and Kernels.
21. Experience with multicast networking fundamentals (UDP/RTP/RTCP).
22. They should have micro linex and embedded firmware design (needs hands on experience) experience.
23. Present Salary?
24. Salary Expectation?
25. Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder?
26. Current Address?