The software engineering lead will be expected to help define corearchitecture and roadmap implementation strategies as well as be a core contributor to existing and the redesigned efforts of some of these applications, most importantly theinternally developed EPM application
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead the software developers for Zappos internally developed Business Applications
- Own the technical stack and architecture for these tools
- Coordinate development and release activities with engineers, scrummasters and product owners to ensure technical work is properly scoped and estimated.
- Provide solid feedback based on code reviews and mentor other members of the development team.
- Manage and contribute code to back end and front end applications
- Management of applications, apis and technology stack for applications
What you bring to the team:
- 5+ years of proven experience leading the full lifecycle of agile software development creating robust and reliable solutions that deliver against ambitious product roadmaps
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or 8 years equivalent experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in Java, knowledge of Ruby and common development frameworks.
- Basic knowledge of enterprise performance management application and finance
- Thorough understand of cloud technology particularly AWS
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and interpersonal skills to facilitate teamwork