Welcome to Allscripts! Our Mission is to be the most trusted provider of innovative solutions that empower all stakeholders across the healthcare continuum to deliver world-class outcomes. Our Vision is a Connected Community of Health that spans continents and borders. With the largest community of clients in healthcare, Allscripts is able to deliver an integrated platform of clinical, financial, connectivity and information solutions to facilitate enhanced collaboration and exchange of critical patient information.
Practice Fusion is hiring a talented front-end engineer who is passionate about creating life-saving technologies for doctors and patients. Our cloud-based EHR client is an ambitious Ember app that is used by tens of thousands of health providers on a daily basis, supported by a custom component library add-on and an ember-cli build system. You will be taking on the challenge of delivering robust production code across our entire front-end technology set and building functional, responsive, and elegant user interfaces that our users love.
- Employ technical and thought leadership to drive products from inception to release
- Work with stakeholders to ensure the solution meets business needs
- Balance engineering costs of development, testing, deployment complexity, and run-time cost, to deliver optimum value for the business and customers
- Collaborate with fellow developers, test engineers, designers, and product management to iterate on new features
- Design, develop, test and maintain our core Ember application, add-ons and other secondary applications.
- Write high quality, well-tested, readable, maintainable code that demonstrates best practices
- Deliver in a highly agile, cross-functional scrum environment
- Act as rotating scrum master to help your team stay on course
- Measure, find, and fix performance and security issues
- Identify, propose, and implement process improvements to continuously increase the team's productivity and efficiency
- Stay current with the latest development best practices and share your findings with the team
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum 8+ years of product development experience including the following:
- Designing and building highly scalable consumer facing web application
- Consuming and building RESTful web services.
- Responsive HTML/CSS and modern web technologies
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Advocate of front-end testing and test-driven development
- Expertise in web security and performance best practices.
- Strong communication skills and work experience in an agile environment
- Very little or no travel is required in this role.
- Standard office environment