As an employee at Thomson Reuters, you will play a role in shaping and leading the global knowledge economy. Our technology drives global markets and helps professionals around the world make decisions that matter. Whether solving for today’s challenges or tomorrow’s aspirations, you will work with the industry’s brightest thinkers on diverse projects, creating next-generation solutions that deliver powerful results. As the world’s leading provider of intelligent information, we want your unique perspective to create the solutions that advance our business—and your career.
As a member of Thomson Reuters’ Audit Technology team, you will work to build the next generation of our Confirmation product. You will influence new technical solutions, processes, and methodologies.
Within our agile team, you will be responsible for leading the development of new features and enhancing the infrastructure of Confirmation – a popular system for audit and verification of deposit use cases. This work will involve delivering new code, deploying services to our cloud infrastructure, and ensuring that we are building with regard for architectural cleanliness. You are empowered to try new approaches and learn new technologies. Your work will benefit customers who need to find save time and yet also feel guaranteed they are not making errors as a result.
About the Role
As a Lead Software Engineer, you will:
- Show Leadership – lead a small team of developers to deliver features on time by giving solid technical direction.
- Build and Develop – software applications by understanding user needs, writing well designed code, conducting validation/testing and executing full SDLC from design through release
- Be a Team Player – work in a collaborative team-oriented environment, share information, value diverse ideas, partner with cross functional and remote teams
- Be Curious & Innovative – continuously update yourself with next generation technology, development tools, and contribute to process development practices
- Be an Agile Person – with strong sense of urgency and a desire to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment to deliver solutions against strict timelines
- Be an Effective Communicator – articulate complex technical issues, and share ideas, participate in peer-reviews, and exhibit strong listening skills
- Take Ownership – responsible for performance, reliability and implement changes for improving efficiency of a technical component
You’re a fit for the role of a Lead Software Engineer, if you:
- Have hands-on experience coding, but you know how to influence decisions and give technical direction to team members. We use .NET, Angular, and a few databases.
- Strive for architectural cleanliness and can identify ways to improve the overall system and fit those into a product road-map.
- Are interested in using the right database for the job - NoSQL is nice, but you also know the difference between inner and outer joins.
- Know what a RESTful API is and have probably built many of them using popular frameworks.
- Understand what a cloud native application is and have deployed one AWS (or another cloud service). You understand design patterns for scalability, performance and reliability.
- Thrive in a positive, collaborative environment with your great communication skills. You believe in the value of iterating together toward a common goal and have worked in an agile environment to do so.
- Are eager to learn new technologies but also want to understand the business problems we are trying to solve. To do so, you are willing to question the status quo to find a more optimal solution to existing processes.
- Interest or experience coaching junior and mid-level engineers
- Experience working with cross functional and remote teams
- Experience with test-driven development and automated testing frameworks
What’s in it For You
At Thomson Reuters, our people are our greatest assets. Here are some of the benefits we offer for your personal and professional growth:
- Learning & Development:
- Exposure to a wide breadth of leading-edge technology
- Career growth - ability to work on multiple projects and/or with various teams
- Professional growth and development opportunity through various training programs, conferences, networking events, in-house speaker series etc.
- Access to Hackathons, Unconferences, Harvard Manage Mentor and more, we offer learning opportunities for everyone
- Health benefits
- Savings/investment plans
- Paid time off (including time off to volunteer and extended parental leave)
- Flexibility: We've been named as one of Forbes, Best Companies for Work/Life Balance
- Global Opportunities: We have employees in over 90 countries, working across 3 different industries
- Your well being: We offer a program that focuses on making our lives healthier