Parametric is seeking an experienced, highly motivated Lead Software Engineer – Test & QA to help formalize software testing and establish a QA group with industry best practices. This role is critical since quality is a top priority throughout our organization and our custom software is a key element to our success. This newly created role will implement quality assurance/controls throughout the software development life cycle via Automation, Manual and Performance Testing.
- Champion the use and selection of QA tools and continue to improve/shape our testing methodology with a focus on performance and scalability, including refining our automation test strategy, framework and test infrastructure.
- Own the overall test environment and testing processes and procedures.
- Establish standard reporting to be used in monitoring test results.
- Provide technical expertise and collaborate with the development team to continuously improve and make testing an integral part of the software development process using software design patterns and industry best practices.
- Mentor new or less senior staff in area of expertise; role may evolve to include direct management in the future.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience in Software Development or QA
- 8+ years of hands-on experience with creating test automation including back end, front end, User Interface layer and regression
- Experience managing a team preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Strong problem-solving skills and proven experience successfully troubleshooting and resolving issues (system or process)
- Experience with Performance and Manual/Load testing
- Experience working within a Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery process