At Social Tables we connect the hospitality industry through effortless group management solutions that create successful face-to-face events.
If you want a job where there’s more enthusiasm than there is red tape, where hard work charges the atmosphere with excitement and promise, where ideas are encouraged, and people like coming to work, then Social Tables may be the place for you!
Join the close-knit engineer team that conceptualizes and develops our industry leading SaaS solutions and services. Hone your skills in an agile, test-driven environment and have a measurable impact on a well-established rapidly expanding business.
Our Bessemer & 500 Startups backed venture delivers SaaS to clientele from hotel chains such as the Hyatt Hotel Corporation to academic special events teams from Harvard Business School to corporate meeting teams such as Genentech.
You will receive direct coaching and mentoring from ourPrincipal Engineer and willreportto your teams Engineering Manager.
- Responsible for upholding technical rigor on their team
- Serve as technical tie breaker for all technical decisions on the team
- Work closely with Principal Engineer to contribute to and develop our technology roadmap and architecture
- Work closely with the Engineering Manager, Product Manager, and Product Designer on breaking down problems into achievable chunks
- Provide mentorship and technical leadership to the engineers on your team
TECHNOLOGIES WE USE
- We use Node.js on the server
- We prefer Restify for APIs Express for web apps
- We use React on the browser, and when we need more complex state management on the browser, we use Redux
- We do not transpile our server code
- We use Babel to transpile Stage 2 or later ESNext on the browser
- We build our browser assets with Webpack
- We use MySQL & RethinkDB for our database storage
- We use AWS for our infrastructure
- We develop on our local machines, not in the cloud
- We keep our projects up-to-date with current versions
YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- Proven long term experience building high-quality SaaS based software
- Passionate about writing code that is scalable, maintainable, reusable, and well-tested
- A seasoned engineer who enjoys sharing their experience with the team through mentoring, and technical leadership
- Proven track-record of building reliable, scalable, service-oriented web services
- Comfortable debugging large applications and refactoring them to well-tested components and services
- Ability to represent the business when speaking to customers or community members
- Can identify and proactively communicate infrastructure, product features, and technology issues which cut across multiple products.
WE BRING TO THE TABLE
- Meaningful work on world class and industry changing products
- Amazing culture and coworkers
- 401k + match
- Insurance - Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability
- Discretionary education reimbursement
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Casual dress work environment
- Social Tables is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation