Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL) seeks a professional, innovative team member to join our Communications group in either Lynnwood or Pullman, Washington as a Lead Software Engineer. This team is developing innovative software for the configuration and management of software defined networks. In this position you will participate in development of new capabilities being added to the single-page web application that drives our software defined network configuration and management software. You will also participate in the design and maintenance of the API bindings between the web application and the north-bound REST interface. If you are looking for an opportunity to develop cutting edge software components, services and applications as part of our Communication group, then this position is for you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the design, implementation, and test of software systems.
- Lead the development of design and test documentation.
- Mentor Engineers, Associate Engineers, and Technicians.
- Serve as a technical contact for internal customers.
- Model, teach, and apply SEL Values, Principles of Operations, and World Class Manufacturing Principles.
- Understand. Create. Simplify.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.S. in Computer Science, or equivalent
- Strong skills with modern object-oriented design approaches
- 6+ years experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Web-based User Interface applications
- Single-page web applications
- Object-oriented software development
- Experience designing functional and maintainable software architectures
- Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Background check results satisfactory to SEL
- Negative drug test result(s)
- Modern communications protocols
- Project management