RSM US has an exciting opening for a Lead Software Engineer on our Tax Application Development team. If the description below fits you come apply to become part of the RSM US IT family.
TheLeadSoftwareEngineerisaccountabletotheITDevelopmentDirector/ManagerandProgrammanagersfortechnologyimprovements, technical projectplanforlargedevelopmentefforts, development teamexecution, andcustomerrelationshipmanagementregardingtheproject’s technology domain.TheLead Software Engineerwillapplybroad, advancedtechnical andteam management principalsandskills tolargeprojects,andcontributetoinnovationof newconceptsandideas, andcontinuousprocessimprovement. TypicallytheLeadSoftwareEngineerisassignedthemost challengingassignmentsandprovidesthetoptechnical leadershiproleonprogramsandlargeprojects.
The Lead Software Engineer ensures team members are coached through their assignments and show growth at the end of each project. This person also arranges mentoring by other team members while taking ownership of skill growth of their project team and other projects. This role is expected to escalate issues to Director/Manager App Dev in a timely manner in order to prevent project delays and take ownership of estimating development effort for these projects. The incumbent must foster a team environment where all members are included in the solution and leadership is aware of all actions being taken. Their team includes Senior Engineers, Software Engineers, Business Analysts, System Architects, and DBAs. One important responsibility is to provide L3 Support for the Firm's applications, which includes timely response to Service Desk issues while managing our bug tracking tool during the course of development and assigning defects to team developers.
- Bachelor's degreepreferred in Computer programming, Information Systems or similar field, or equivalent work experience in a computer-related field.
- Microsoft SQL Server, C#.NET, ASP.NET, Web development knowledge
- Windows, networking, HTML, XML, TFS
- Usually 8+ or more years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Familiarity with Windows, SharePoint and Web based development.
- Familiarity with Software Development Life Cycles including Agile
- Strong technical design skills
- Has led system deployments
- Experience with Vendor software customization and application integrations
- Abilitytoimpact andinfluence adiversepopulation
Abilitytosupport,affect, andimplement change
- Knowledge of Cloud Computing, Azure
- Enterprise Service Design and implementation
- Experience as a Tech lead and/or mentor of team members
- Strongworkingknowledgeof BA, PM,QAprocessesandhowtointegrateDevelopment processes seamlessly
- Teleric Kendo controls
- Training or experience in the accounting/auditing field
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with Filesite and Omtool