Who We Are + What We Do:The Product Platform Engineering - Core Domain team builds solutions to provide Cox Automotive brands’ common capabilities and shared data to revolutionize the way the world buys, sells and owns cars. On this team, you will have the opportunity todo your best work and lead the digital revolution of the auto industry. Our Engineering professionals are energetic influencers and collaboration is woven into the fabric of everything we do; from 24-hour Hackathons to deeply held Agile values, you’ll be immersed in an environment that nurtures individualism, creative problem-solving, and intellect.Our Software Engineers:Our Software Engineers are energetic influencers who thrive on designing simple and scalable solutions to complex problems, and delivering leading edge software products for our customers. We are looking for exceptionally ambitious and communicative hands-on individuals who are comfortable collaborating within the Agile methodology as part of a cross-functional team, have experience working in fast-paced environments, and who have the passion and skills to take our product offerings to the next level.Job Summary:As a Lead Software Engineer you will lead a scrum team in a collaborative environment that encourages everyone to perform at their best. You will be challenged to engineer right-sized solutions for complex business problems. You will apply your knowledge of modern software design, best practices, design patterns, and frameworks, with an understanding of application performance and maintainability. You will drive the use of new technologies and challenge your team to develop innovative solutions.You will lead engineers on a team where collaborative programming and mentoring is regularly practiced. Technologies we use:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS), Java and/or .NET ecosystems
- AngularJS or ReactJS
- Lead a team of software engineers that design and develop code that consistently adheres to good programming practices.
- Collaborate with Architects to design scalable solutions to complex problems.
- Construct and manage services published to both internal and external consumers.
- Implement platform-level components including eventarchitectures, messaging, and caching solutions.
- Influence team to write readable, maintainable, and efficient code.
- Design and implementation of REST APIs, services, system tasks and cloud solutions.
- Enhance performance and reliability of our current solutions.
- Influence team members on best practices, code reviews, internal tools and process improvements.
- Socialize new ideas within your team as well as across teams.
- Explore open source or industry standard solutions that could be a fit for the organization.
- Being a passionate and flexible engineering leader, collaborate with your team to achieve and exceed the goal to build, deploy, monitor and manage a highly performing and highly available production system.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related field. Advanced technical degree and/or related training a plus
- 8-10 years of development experience
What We Look For:
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and independently to design, develop and deploy solutions
- Experience in realizing applications from conception and design, to implementation and support
- Experience designing and implementing applications with highly optimized and scalable architectures
- Strong Java and/or .NET skills and object-oriented design experience, including extensive knowledge of the Java web technology platform, applied use of design patterns, and MVC technologies such as AngularJS or ReactJS.
- Experience delivering software with Amazon Web Services technologies
- Strong understanding of industry development, deployment processes and agile development methodologies desired.
- Knowledge of session management, object relational mapping, XML web services is a plus.
- Experience with SiteMinder, PingFederate or Cognito is a plus.
- Experience with DataPower is a plus.