Be part of a groundbreaking company.
DraftKings is growing quickly and is looking for a Lead Software Engineer for the Payment Applications team in the Financial Platform Division. You'll be part of one of our multidisciplinary teams working with a passionate group of engineers to build best-in-class, industry-leading deposit & withdrawal experiences for DraftKings users! You will also be a creative contributor to the entire Agile development lifecycle, from design and implementation to testing and monitoring. Sound good to you? Join us.
What you'll do as a Lead Software Engineer:
- Develop systems and APIs that power a rich set of applications used by a large and passionate user group every day.
- Work with your team under fast deadlines to design, build, and deliver innovative applications.
- Lead your team in design sessions and ensure your team delivers high-quality work that aligns with the mission of our platform.
- Foster a culture that promotes clean, well-organized, testable, and reusable code.
- Care about agility as much as you care about scalability. We roll out products very quickly and are looking for a team that can pivot at a moment's notice.
What skills you will use:
- Expertise with at least one object-oriented language like C# or Java.
- Expertise with either , Angular, or TypeScript.
- Ability to participate in code reviews, design reviews, and over-the-shoulder debugging.
- Strong relational database skills using technologies like MySQL or SQL Server.
- You have experience as the 'expert' on a development team where you were responsible for everything from planning to delivering key features and management of those features.
- Experience writing and maintaining a comprehensive suite of unit and integration tests.
- Experience writing distributed systems in a Cloud Computing environment such as AWS strongly preferred.