MITRE has provided unbiased guidance and crucialsupport to this local Sponsor for nearly a decade. The Sponsor relies on MITRE staff to provide innovative, practical solutions to federallaw enforcement’s most challenging technical and programmatic issues in the areas of biometrics, identity management, and identity resolution.
- Works alongside project leadership to ensure the successful execution and delivery of tasking
- Leverages systems engineering concepts to design architectures that support operational use-cases and business processes
- Takes an active technical leadership role in all stages of the software development lifecycle
- Promotes a disciplined approach to software development through issue tracking tools (e.g., Jira), version control software (e.g., git), code reviews, and integration pipelines (e.g., Jenkins)
- Maintains awareness across teams to ensure the successful integration of individual components into final deliverables
- Builds and strengthens relationships with the government Sponsor and across MITRE as a whole
- Active Top Secret clearance (interim clearances are not accepted)
- Proven history architecting stable and maintainable systems
- Extensive and ongoing software development experience using C, C++, or Java in both Linux and Windows environments
- Broad familiarity designing and using relational database schemas using Oracle or MySQL
- Demonstrated experience leading small teams or technical efforts
Exposure and expertise in the following areas ispreferred but notrequired.
- Creating and consuming web service APIs
- Computer vision
- Designing and developing distributed systems
- Machine learning
- Systems administration and virtualization
- Web application development using Node.js and Angular
Specific knowledge of the following or similar tools ispreferred but notrequired.
- Apache Maven
- C# and the .NET Framework
- Hibernate ORM
About the Bridgeport Site
MITRE hosts nearly 40 full-time employees and interns at its Bridgeport Site in the White Oaks Business Park. We promote collaboration, encourage autonomy, value flexibility, and provide opportunities for personal and professional growth to all of our employees. We are a close-knit team, and we take pride in delivering high-impact results.
Bridgeport and the nearby cities of Clarksburg and Morgantown offer a variety of amenities and activities while preserving the charm and low-stress lifestyle found in smaller cities. The region offers something for everyone - whether it's academics, cycling, hiking, shopping, skiing, local and professional sports, or simply an opportunity to explore the outdoors. Nearby major cities include Pittsburgh, Columbus, Cleveland, Washington, and Baltimore.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or similar field and 8 years of experience. Candidate demonstrates an ability to apply advanced principles, theories and concepts comparable to those obtained with a Master's degree in a relevant field of study. Candidate understands the missions, domains and challenges of MITRE customers and is fully responsible for deliverables-including definition, completion, and technical quality, as well as assuring consistency across the responsibility span. In addition, candidate is able to define projects or programs greater than themselves.