LiveAuctioneers is an inclusive, small team with talented management who have started and/or grown market-leading companies like GrubHub/Seamless and 1stDibs. The company's most recent investment was led by Cove Hill Partners, investors in innovative companies like NetDocuments and Storable.
What the job is:
This is a hands-on working leadership role where you will lead an inclusive team that uses a friendly and collaborative small-team approach (about 5-6 engineers per team) to help us build the trusted marketplace of collectibles curated by experts. Our engineering team is based in our Draper, UT office (in the Salt Lake City, UT area). We operate and build on a service-oriented, event-driven architecture, utilizing continuous integration and continuous delivery. We build in Go, Node, React and React-Native. We use AWS with ECS, Docker and Lambdas which all use RabbitMQ and PubNub for decoupled systems.
- Develop systems with agile development methodologies and principles
- Participate in planning, design, development, and implementation for multiple initiatives
- Work with the product manager in leading project/iteration planning sessions, designing proposed solutions, and ensuring short-term estimates are achievable and realistic
- Develop technical system design documents, QA Automation scripts
- Contribute to process-improvement initiatives in an effort to help the team deliver faster
- Assist team members in their career development, having one on ones, creating individual development plans (IDP), and coaching their improvement.
- Manage team members and processes, including performance management as needed.
Who are you:
- You love to help others grow and would actively choose to give up some of your own engineering time to help develop your team.
- You are proficient throughout the tech stack, but have a very strong back-end micro-service experience set, ideally with experience implementing in Go.
- You care very much about testing, monitoring, metrics and especially about delivering software. You're someone who is not afraid to jump in, learn new things, and stay committed to the great things you build.
- You are a collaborative person who thrives working with others across disciplines. You are not afraid to ask questions when you're stuck, and are anxious to support your teammates with answers in turn.
- Experience in our exact stack is not a requirement - we're looking for a person who is a curious doer. As a small team, we look for team members who are strong contributors involved in every step of the development cycle.
- A bachelor's degree in software engineering or a related field
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Enthusiasm for improving development best practices, patterns and architecture across teams.
- Technical experience that includes strength in multiple software engineering technologies utilized in our stack
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Readiness to tackle challenges with creative problem solving
- Communicate clearly
- Think critically and be decisive when it’s appropriate
- Collaborative team member
- The ability to pair with other engineers on solving problems
- Comfortable working in real-time with other engineers in remote locations
- The ability to consume services built by other teams or team members into your work
- A person who cares about the life of the work they build
- An innovative mindset
- Passionate about learning the "right" way to do things and implementing conscientiously
- Willing to share your opinions and approaches, and hear others’, so we can find the best solution rather than defer to the loudest
- Comfortable implementing unit tests
- Experience with the following tech stack is a plus:
- Tech: React, React Native, Node, Express, Redux, Webpack, Babel, Git
- Infrastructure: AWS, S3, Docker, Fastly