L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries.
L3Harris is actively seeking a motivated individual to join our team as a Lead Battle Management Command Control (BMC2) Software Engineer 5 for our Cincinnati, OH location. This position supports a variety of mission-critical programs with specific focus on large scale ground vehicle integration.
- Responsibilities of this position include developing real-time embedded command control software, including C2 software for ground-based air defense systems (UAS, RAM, missile) using kinetic weapons
- Lead and contribute to all phases of development of real-time command control (C2) software.
- Tasks will include:
- review and analysis of software-level system requirements
- architecture definition, design, development of software test / verification plans and procedures
- generation of design and verification documentation, integration and software test activities
- assistance with software testing, software-hardware integration (typically in a system integration lab or SIL)
- support to system-level integration and testing
- support to system and system-of-system level field testing.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering is required.
- Minimum 10-years’ experience leading integration & testing of sensor systems and weapons systems into ground vehicles, with 5 years of experience in C2 software for ground-based air defense systems using kinetic weapons.
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of the processes involved in ground-based air defense systems, including the joint engagement sequence (JES)
- Experience leading with multiple subcontract efforts during integration and test.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience developing C2 software for counter unmanned air vehicle (CUAS) short range air defense (SHORAD) is strongly desired
- Experience with C2 development for system-of-systems (SoS) is strongly desired
- Department of Defense (DOD) security clearance is a plus.