What you will do
- As a Lead Software Engineer, you will lead a robust team of software developers to define, design, build, and maintain high quality software that supports key Sensormatic Solutions business initiatives. This is a hands-on technical role with 50% development responsibilities, and 50% management responsibilities.
How you will do it
- Championing efficiency, innovation, and excellence, you will help define scalable, high performing, highly available, secure, manageable, and extensible technical solutions using clean, simple and evolutionary design.
- As a team lead, you will be the crucial link between your team and other remote teams.
- You will also be responsible for such management activities as onboarding, and team performance metrics improvement.
Why this is a great opportunity
- You’ll be at an industry-leading provider of shopper insights and analytics.
- Our environment is collaborative. You’ll work closely with the Product Management team and other teams inside and outside of the Technology department.
- We’re stable and growing: 20 years of experience and billions of shopper counts around the world
- We recognize the importance of employing the best and reward excellence and leadership by offering continuous opportunities for development and advancement.
- What we look forBachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science
- Extensive experience with Java development with a focus on high volume application development
- The qualified candidate will have expertise in Java and or python. As lead engineer, this person will champion Agile processes and practices. A track record of consistently delivering timely results.
- An enthusiastic leader with the ability to empower a team of technology developers
- Works closely with all fields of the Agile Release Train (Product Managers, Product Owner, Scrum Master, Quality Assurance and Customer Support)
- Strong development skills using Java ≥ 8 and/or python ≥ 2.7
- Experience in Springboot and maven/Gradle
- DB experience with MySQL and or SQLite
- Strong Linux/UNIX knowledge including (cron, vim, grep, ssh, scp, yum, screen)
- Experience in cloud platform is must, GCP (stackdriver, dataproc, cloud storage, cloud SQL, big query) experience is a plus
- Experience in docker and or Kubernetes
- Experience in message queues (rabbit mq, pubsub)