The Compliance Systems team is responsible for providing solutions that meet our regulatory and compliance testing obligations. As a global firm, Wellington needs to be compliant with regulations across different geographies. In addition, the regulatory environment is under constant pressure and ever changing, this team provides solutions that ensure Wellington is compliant and able to respond quickly to a regulator’s request.
This role provides technical leadership to the IT team supporting Legal and Compliance. Current state applications include everything from packaged vendor solutions for Regulatory Reporting, Code of Ethics compliance and AML Screening, to highly customized homegrown applications solutions for compliance driven forensic testing.
Members of the team play critical roles in our firm’s success by providing technology solutions which improve the quality, speed, and efficiency of a highly complex industry with a sophisticated client base.
This individual will report to the Manager of Development for Legal and Corporate Applications.
Keys to this Position:
1. Technical Leadership: We are seeking a strong Software Engineering Lead, who can lead a development team of permanent employees and consultants with an onshore/offshore model.)
2. Technology: This individual will lead a team but will also be hands-on with development and/or problem resolution in a variety of technical areas – SQL, Java and AWS.
3. Strong Communication skills are required.
4. Domain: Ideally we would like to have candidate with Financial Industry experience. We are open to all candidates regardless of their domain experience but they must be able to articulate the business problems they were working on.
5. Delivery: Candidate must show the ability to deliver application solutions to their respective business client.
6. Marlborough/Boston: Candidate will be expected to travel to Boston 1-2 times per week.
As a senior member of the Compliance Systems team, this individual will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the development team activities including prioritizing requests, designing solutions, and supervising the development efforts.
- Participate in architecture, design, implementation, deployment, and support.
- Work with business team, project managers, and systems analysts to review and qualify business requirements, functional specifications, use-cases, and test plans.
- Design, prototype and code new software components and applications based on functional specifications.
- Coordinate with analyst teams to execute test plans and provide support during user acceptance testing.
- Modify and enhance existing systems to incorporate new functionality and to optimize them for performance, and implement new systems.
- Work with other software engineers to design and implement application features, including user interfaces, and business functionality enhancements.
- Author technical design and support documentation.
A candidate must possess the following qualifications:
- 8+ years of proven analysis and technical design, development, and architectureexperience
- 2+ years leading technical teams including managing an offshore development team
- Experience in relational databasetechnologies with strong SQL skills. Familiarity with ETL Tools like Talend is a plus.
- Expertise developing Java applications using JDBC and JMS. Java Web-Framework experience e.g. SPRING or similar
- Experience/Familiarity with AWS is a plus.
- Experience with, and demonstrated understanding of modern software development and testing and methodologies
- Willing to work in an energetic, fast-paced, and team-oriented environment and handle multiple conflicting priorities
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to solve problems in a logical, methodical, and time efficient manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to write technical documentation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline