The Compliance Systems team is responsible for providing solutions that meet our regulatory and compliance testing obligations. As a global firm, Wellington needs to be compliant with regulations across different geographies. In addition, the regulatory environment is under constant pressure and ever changing, this team provides solutions that ensure Wellington is compliant and able to respond quickly to a regulator’s request.
This role provides technical leadership to the IT team supporting Legal and Compliance. Current state applications include everything from packaged vendor solutions for Regulatory Reporting, Code of Ethics compliance and AML Screening, to highly customized homegrown applications solutions for compliance driven forensic testing.
Members of the team play critical roles in our firm’s success by providing technology solutions which improve the quality, speed, and efficiency of a highly complex industry with a sophisticated client base.
This individual will report to the Manager of Development for Legal and Corporate Applications.
Keys to this Position:
1. Technical Leadership: We are seeking a strong Software Engineering Lead, who can lead a development team of permanent employees and consultants with an onshore/offshore model.)
2. Technology: This individual will lead a team but will also be hands-on with development and/or problem resolution in a variety of technical areas – SQL, Java and AWS.
3. Strong Communication skills are required.
4. Domain: Ideally we would like to have candidate with Financial Industry experience. We are open to all candidates regardless of their domain experience but they must be able to articulate the business problems they were working on.
5. Delivery: Candidate must show the ability to deliver application solutions to their respective business client.
6. Marlborough/Boston: Candidate will be expected to travel to Boston 1-2 times per week.
As a senior member of the Compliance Systems team, this individual will have the following responsibilities:
A candidate must possess the following qualifications: