WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 16 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, Hitched, The Bash, The Bump, and more) inspire, inform, and celebrate our communities as they move through life’s milestones. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
The Knot Worldwide is seeking a Lead iOS Engineer who will be responsible for developing major new features in the iOS app, as well as driving improvements to the existing iOS codebase using Objective-C, Swift, and the core iOS SDKs. You will work in a fast paced environment with product managers, designers, and engineers all on the same team, we are highly collaborative!
- Work closely with other engineers, product managers, and designers to rapidly iterate on product requirements and UX/UI designs, evaluate scope, understand and clearly communicate trade-offs.
- Promote high quality code through thoughtful and insightful code reviews.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship for junior to mid-level members of the team.
- Identify technical obstacles early and work closely with the team to find creative solutions
SUCCESSFUL LEAD iOS ENGINEER CANDIDATES HAVE:
- 5+ years of experience building native iOS apps within a team environment.
- Robust knowledge of Swift, and the iOS development ecosystem as a whole.
- You’ve built complex, high quality iOS applications, and have a strong knowledge of iOS app design principles, patterns, and best practices.
- A deep understanding of the iOS platform, including different device capabilities, battery life, performance, and push notifications.
- Experience writing automated tests for iOS applications.
- Ability to work autonomously and be energized by missions and goals rather than a specific list of tasks.
- A strong knowledge of algorithms, data structures and object-oriented methodologies. Experience writing web services or other server-side components.
- Solid understanding of UIKit, MVVM, RESTful APIs, GraphQL, and Git best practices.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and collaboration skills
At The Knot Worldwide, we believe you are more than a resume and invite you to go for it, take the leap of faith, and apply for this job if it sparks your passion to join TKWW and make a difference!
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You Dream Big. You iterate and experiment to drive innovation.
- You Love Our Users. You keep our global community at the center of everything you do.
- You Do the Right Thing. You strengthen your team through respect, fairness, and inclusion.
- You Hustle Every Day. You favor urgency and own your outcomes.
- You Win Together. People are at the heart of our success and you play as a team.