We're hiring Engineering Leads who are passionate about technology and education. As an Engineering Lead, you will be responsible for providing technical direction, personnel management, and hands-on software development.
Most of our work is open source, even our primary product. We are also changing how teachers and students interact, whether in small groups or with tens of thousands of students in one course. Check out our online courses on Canvas Network.
So if you are strong leader, mentor, and you still like coding, let's talk. There are lots of interesting, complex, and challenging problems that will leverage your skills as well as your team; oh, and new things come up every day. Experience is helpful but raw skill is a must.
There will be a technical interview with lots of white board action (but no silly puzzles or trick questions). We may even have you code up a simple app to demonstrate your abilities.
HERE'S WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Front-end development leaders with experience developing web scale single-page web apps, iOS and Android apps, and/or beautiful administration apps with modern web technology.
- Back-end development leaders with experience building web scale services in a loosely coupled but highly integrated system.
- We are a mixed stack and polyglot team with a deep commitment to quality and to using the right tech for each problem we solve.
- We have integrated QA, and automation QA.
HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW/HAVE:
- Ability to solve complex problems.
- Over 10 years of professional software development experience.
- Demonstrated experience mentoring others.
- Strong knowledge of, and adherence to, coding best practices.
- Ability and desire to work in an open and team-oriented environment.
- BS in Computer Science or related degree preferred.