Our mission is to improve the quality of care and reduce the overall cost of healthcare by making the decision-making process more data driven. Our products will have an impact on the national healthcare infrastructure and you will play a significant role in it.
We are building a big data platform for complex healthcare data, both discrete and unstructured. We apply to this data different processing techniques, including natural language processing and machine learning driven inference, to produce clinical and financial insights that result in better quality care for patients and improved financial performance for healthcare organizations. We are also building a suite of applications that can utilize the power of this platform and deliver true end user solutions.
About the Job:
We are building a revolutionary platform and a set of applications that are experiencing significant market demand. You will be building key components of our overall solution stack combining the latest technologies and modern software development principles.
You will work with Natural Language Processing technologies, build high performance and scalable APIs and also build tools to enable clinical domain experts to enrich algorithms.
- Understand our current NLP (REVEAL) and inference (DISCERN) systems, including our API and data model.
- Develop an understanding of healthcare data.
- Contribute to sprints by taking on items with some complexity.
- Participate in recruiting, hiring and mentoring the rest of our engineering team.
- Own a complex component in either REVEAL or DISCERN (or an entirely new platform component). Develop architecture and design for that product.
- Help develop work estimates and manage delivery. Lead an engineering team as part of the product delivery.
- Computer Science B.S. or equivalent experience.
- Full-stack engineer with a minimum 5 years of experience.
- Understanding of the full stack of a web-based from browser to APIs to database, and you are comfortable writing code at any point in this stack.
- Comfortable working with data.
- Comfortable with rapid prototyping.
- Comfortable with evolving requirements and are able to help crystalize them.
- At least one standout project with demonstrated front-end and back-end capability and commercial success, with complete ownership of design.
- Expert in at least one modern programming language, like Java or Python.
- Experience with relational (e.g. MySQL or Oracle), NoSQL (e.g. MongoDB) database technologies.
- Strong knowledge of Unix/Linux.
- Demonstrated skill and enthusiasm for learning about and applying new technologies and leverage open source when appropriate.
- Ability to effectively analyze code to determine that it is efficient, modular, well-written, and well-documented.
- World-class verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to design evaluation processes for our projects.
- Strong problem solving skills, and can understand the big picture.
- AWS experience is a plus.