The Software Lead Engineer works independently within the advanced development team, with the primary responsibility of creating the platform software architecture and code base in support of a new portfolio of products. These products will be based on the Windows lo T/ Embedded platform and will encompass software layers from the signal processing to the user interface. Under the direction of the advanced development team, the Software Lead Engineer builds and manages a highly functioning, agile, software development team while working collaboratively to create solutions to unmet needs in the vascular treatment disease space.
- Collaborate and partner on design and implement the software development foundation for new software-enabled products leveraging state-of-the-art tools and practices for development, testing, deployment, and maintenance of such systems.
- Architect a new software platform in support of a series of new products within the venous treatment market.
- Hire, lead, and mentor a team of software developers within a regulated product development environment.
- Work collaboratively with R&D, sales, clinical and marketing catheter experts to develop requirements within the software space.
- Create proof of concept code to evaluate ideas, explore new technologies, and reduce risk for key project areas.
- Oversee the planning and execution of full software development program using agile methodologies.
- Establish and maintain software development standards and practices to guide the behaviors of Inari software engineers.
- Design and code software in the software stack as a hands-on architect.
- Act as technical thought leader across a wide variety of software topics.
- Stay informed on industry trends and advances and share relevant information with the development team to facilitate improved solutions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science or graduate degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field, with a desired background in software.
- Eight (8) plus years overall programming experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience architecting complex software systems.
- Strong understanding of design patterns, enterprise architecture patterns, and software engineering best practices.
- In depth knowledge and experience with C# or C++, plus Windows Embedded/ lo T platforms.
- In depth knowledge and experience of software delivery on either Azure or AWS cloud platforms.
- Experience with software development within a regulated medical device space is strongly desired.
- Knowledge and experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- Knowledge and experience with Git version control system.
- Knowledge and experience with Scrum software development methodologies.
- Experience working within a small, dynamic team environment.
- Ability to work in a self-direct work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to approach problem solving using unconventional perspectives.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a cross-functional team.
- Demonstrated ability to lead high-functioning software teams.