- Help develop the vision and drive technical excellence in the engine that powers the game.
- Partner with our technical director to contribute to the technical direction for the engine team.
- Collaborate with the art and design teams to achieve and extend the overall vision of the game.
- Stay engaged with state of the art rendering techniques, research and upcoming hardware.
- Ensure the engine team adheres to established coding standards and embraces efficient and robust engineering practices.
- Work with other leads and producers to establish engine related tasks and schedules.
- Evaluate and upgrade the technical skills of engineers on the engine team.
- Serve as an active partner in the game team's leadership.
- Maintain effective relationships with key internal and industry partners.
- Previous leadership experience or demonstrated leadership potential
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in AAA game development
- Extensive experience with current rendering algorithms and techniques
- Experience with code and data optimization
- Experience with multi-threaded programming
- Fluent in C / C++
- Strong mathematics skills, including proficiency with trigonometry, and linear algebra
- Deep understanding of engine performance, scalability, and maintainability
- Experience creating or extending reusable engine technology
- Familiar with supporting tools, such as exporters, terrain editors, and pipeline tools
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Passion for video games
- Experience with modern graphics APIs such as DirectX 11/12, OpenGL, Vulkan, or Metal
- Previous experience working on first-person or other action-oriented games.
- Computer science or related degree
- Passion for technology
- Familiar with Blizzard games