- Acts as a player-coach in directing the efforts of a team of software developers.
- Demonstrates self-directed and proactive approach to solving problems.
- Assumes accountability for the timely delivery of product(s) that meet all business requirements.
- Collaborates with product development and business leaders to identify priorities for software engineering team.
- Communicates project status and plans to the Director, Software Engineering.
- Contributes to the development of project schedules, estimates and resource allocation models for all releases.
- Participate in technical design and implementation. Proactively raises issues if specification will lead to quality, system performance, or architectural issues in product.
- Contributes to proofs-of-concept and presents ideas to Developer, Software Engineering and/or business leaders.
- Plans and develops software according to requirement specifications using object oriented methodologies.
- Responsible for team mentoring, performance management, recruiting and time reporting.
- Assist in generating reports on team productivity and product quality.
- Advanced knowledge of the following technologies: C#, WCF, WPF, MVC, Angular JS and JQuery
- Experience writing multi-tier components for high volume systems
- Self-starter capable of working on small teams in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working with offshore development teams
- Experience leading .Net development teams in an Agile environment
- Familiar with all aspects of the software development life cycle
- Outstanding troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 7+ years of experience developing software in C#
- 3+ years in a leadership position
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time, performing work on a computer.