Dwolla is one of the fastest growing technology companies in Des Moines and has been recognized nationally by Fast Company as ‘one of the world’s most innovative companies.’ Joining the team at Dwolla means you will be entering a unique, open, and fast-paced working environment, located right in downtown Des Moines. You will join our team in building the ideal platform to move money, giving businesses the tools they need to access the ACH network and improve their payments process.
We are seeking a Lead Software Engineer to manage our entire software development lifecycle and manage a small team of engineers focused on a specific area of the business. Our Lead Software Engineer will be responsible for overseeing and executing the development of core back-end, real-time services and assisting key management in the Engineering department. This person will utilize experience to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for the team to deliver on-time, quality code.
- Apply leadership in communicating business goals, programs and processes to team of software developers
- Lead a team of engineers focused on a project or theme
- Ensure your team is delivering on-time, quality code by applying expertise in managing and prioritizing multiple tasks with competing deadlines
- Provide coaching and feedback to teammates, host regularly scheduled 1:1s, and perform performance reviews
- Work closely with Product team members and cross functional stakeholders to translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Analyze, design and coordinate the development of Dwolla products by leading planning sessions and ensure execution to plan within the iteration timeline
- Lead daily team standups and report progress to cross functional stakeholders
- Design and develop applications using technologies like Thrift, Finagle, Scala, C#, React and AWS’s suite of tools
- Respond promptly and professionally to bug reports
- Conduct code reviews and repair code
- Assist with requirements analyses and testing for other software products developed by the team
- Maintain responsibility for troubleshooting production issues in response to user inquiries.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of five years of experience with application development using using object oriented or functional programming languages
- Experience leading, mentoring and growing the skills of software professionals
- Capable of performing the role Senior Software Engineer
- Ability to balance technical and management responsibilities
- Proven history of completed projects
- BA or BS degreepreferred
- Experience with Agile software development practices
- Technology behavior experience with agile, test driven development and continuous integration
- Competitive salaries
- Stock Options
- Paid Time Off
- Paid parking or public transportation stipend
- 12 weeks paid Parental Leave
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Lunch & Learns
- Casual dress- Dwolla swag is a good thing!